Public Affairs Proponent
- Wonder Women Hall of Fame: Previous Wonder Women. // Multichannel News;1/27/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p46B
Lists names of various successful women executives in the cable television industry since 1999. List of women executives who were successful in 1999; Women executives who were successful in 2000; Names of women executives who were successful in 2001.
- PAST HONOREES. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p28
The article lists women in the American cable industry who were honored by the periodical "Multichannel News," from 2000 to 2006, which includes WideOpenWest's Colleen Abdoulah, Oxygen Media's Debby Beece, and Brave Network's Frances Berwick.
- Wonder Women 2005. // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, Special Section p3A
Presents information on women executives in the cable television industry which are featured in the Wonder Women 2005 supplement to the January 31, 2004 issue of the "Mutichannel News" magazine. Responsibilities of Suzanne Keenan at Comcast Corp.; Contributions of Susan Swain to C-Span cable...
- Xaos' Wild Ride. Diaz, Ann-Christine // Advertising Age's Creativity;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the broadcast identification campaign created by Xaos for cable television network ZDTV. Women executives at the animation and design house, Xaos; Mastery of the visual territory of large-format cinema; Xaos' ride film project for the Volkswagen AutoStadt automotive theme park.
- Cable Pioneer Yolanda Barco Dies at 74. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the death of attorney, cable executive and philanthropist Yolanda G. Barco on May 27, 2000 at her home in Meadville, Pennsylvania. Career achievements; Career background; Contributions to the cable television industry in the United States.
- Minorities see cable barriers. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p3
Reports that minority and women cable executives still face an invisible wall that blocks their pathway to the top executive positions in the industry. Statements from United States federal Communications Commission chairman Bill Kennard; Leo Hindery's view that the industry has done much for...
- Lynn Picard. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;9/13/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 38, special section ps2
Features Lynn Picard, executive vice president of sales for cable television network Lifetime Television. Career background; Duties and responsibilities.
- Post--Labor Day Musings. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p36
Focuses on the underrepresentation of women in the top leadership spot in the cable and telecommunication industries in the U.S. History on phenomenon of women in the corporate workplace; Reorganization of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable with female representation in the corporate...
- CITV grabs kids exec. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;7/23/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 13, p10
Announces the appointment of Estelle Hughes as head of programming at CITV, the children's department of Great Britain-based commercial web ITV.