A Breath Of Fresh Air
- Oxygen Sells to NBC for $925 million. Heintz, Nadine // Inc.;Dec2007, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p22
The article presents an update on the cable channel Oxygen Media and its founder Geraldine Laybourne, featured in the July 2004 issue of the periodical "Inc." NBC Universal announced its plan to acquire Oxygen in October 2007, pending regulatory approval. It notes the failure of the channel to...
- Geraldine Laybourne. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p62
Profiles Geraldine Laybourne, founder of Oxygen Media, an independent production company that develops children's and women's programming. Deal signed by Laybourne with America Online; Biggest deal signed.
- Oxygen rethinks online unit; jobs cut, focus shifts. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/3/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the decision made by Geraldine Laybourne of Oxygen Media Company on the scaling back of her plans for creating an entertainment company that will focus equally on internet and on cable television. Possible retrenchment of the employess working with Oxygen.
- Breathing Room. Berzon, Alexandra // Red Herring;4/23/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p16
The article presents an interview with Geraldine Laybourne, chief executive officer of Oxygen, an online cable channel. When asked about what storytelling works best online she says it is comedy as it is tough. When asked about the consolidation of Oxygen she says that they would be part of any...
- Oxygen still breathing. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
The article presents information on women's cable network Oxygen Media Inc. The brainchild of cable pioneer Geraldine Laybourne, Oxygen started up with a launch that other independent media firms only dream about. It failed to capitalize on its early potential. Oxygen now has more than 70...
- Oxygen slate rich in laffs. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;1/24/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the developments in the programming of Oxygen in New York City as of January 2007. Chief executive officer Geraldine Laybourne has stated that the new focus of the company will be heavy on comedy and tongue-in-cheek reality shows. It expects to reach 80 million homes this...
- A network of her own. McDonald, Marci // U.S. News & World Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on Geraldine Laybourne and the debut of her Oxygen Media, a cable network for women. The challenges that Oxygen faces in becoming a successful cable network; How Laybourne came up with the idea for a network aimed at women; How the America Online/Time Warner merger will affect the...
- New offices for Oxygen. // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p42
Reports on the plans of Geraldine Laybourne's Oxygen Media to rent an office complex in lower Manhattan, New York, that will include space for television production studios.
- Hall, Taitz promoted at Oxygen. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 2, p17
Reports on executive promotions at Oxygen Media. Promotion of chief operating officer Lisa Gersh Hall to president; Promotion of Daniel Taitz as chief administrative officer; Responsibilities of Hall and Taitz.