Business And Humanity
- DLJ to Acquire More Bond Products. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;08/14/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p4
Deals with Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette's plan to acquire fixed income division of Brundage, Story & Rose.
- Katy Could Choose to Lose Electric. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p4
Highlights the decision of Katy Industries Inc. to engage Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette to explore alternatives for its electrical business. Value of Katy's electrical business; Shares of Katy; Decline in profit margins experienced by Katy; Revenue of Katy in the first quarter of 1999.
- Market Views CSFB/DLJ Pairing Stronger Competition But Not a Threat. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;09/11/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reports the merger of Credit Suisse First Boston with Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette in the United States. Views on the merger; Impact of the merger to bond business.
- CSFB/DLJ Merger: Good For Small Firms? Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;9/11/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1
Examines the market implications of the merger of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette and Credit Suisse First Boston.
- Terra Nova Considers Unsolicited Merger Bid. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the hiring of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette by Terra Nova Ltd. to help sort out its strategic alternatives concerning an unsolicited merger proposal. Value of the merger with the United States based reinsurance company; Net income of Terra Nova for the second quarter of 1999.
- Credit Suisse expects private equity, junk bond boost in deal. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;9/4/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p3
Discusses the impact of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s acquisition of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. Boost in Credit Suisse Asset Management's high-yield bond business; Increase in private equity assets; Possibility of combining the firms' private equity units.
- DLJ/CSFB Melds European Junk Team. Clouse, Carol J. // Bank Loan Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p4
Offers a look at the European junk teams of the merged Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette and Credit Suisse First Boston. Staff of the team's capital markets; Sales staff of the merged company; Information on the company's research group.
- Credit Suisse Set To Buy DLJ. // Bond Buyer;08/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30966, p2
Reports on the plan of Credit Suisse Group AG to acquire Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. Sale price; Terms of agreement.
- European Regulators Give Go-Ahead to Credit Suisse-DLJ. // American Banker;10/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 195, p3
Reports on Credit Suisse Group's announcement that it had received clearance from the European Commission for its acquisition of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette.