On the Laugh Track
- Nickelodeon Allows Children to Submit their Own Programs. // Curriculum Review;Apr2007, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p5
The article reveals that Nickelodeon has already embraced the user-generated video fad on its websites. The cable network announced in February 2007 that its 5-7 evening program block will be labeled "Nickelodeon's ME:TV." According to the "New York Times," the short segments will feature a...
- MTV uses Nick's Noggin as new net. Katz, Richard // Variety;05/04/98, Vol. 370 Issue 12, p35
Focuses on Noggin, the kids' educational cable channel owned by Nickelodeon and Children's Television Workshop (CTW) which will be marketed with other channels by MTV Networks as one digital package of networks. Information on the digital package of MTV; Programs included in CTW's library.
- 'Love' rules at VH1. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/18/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 13, p5
The "Flavor of Love 2" is declared as the most watched episode in VH1 series. The 90 minute series on sunday attracted around 7.5 million viewers and a 4.9 million in the 18-49 demo. The channel's viewership grew 11% in primetime and 4% in total-day and is ranked fourth among basic cable nets....
- Comedy Central driven to 'Distraction' gamer. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/5/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 23, p3
Reports on Comedy Central's partnership with FremantleMedia on primetime gameshow "Distraction". Mechanics of the gameshow; Hosting of the show by Michael Dugan; Comments of Comedy Central senior vice president of regional programming and development Lauren Corrao on the format of the show.
- MTV Renews Osbournes; VH1 Cans Liza and David. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the decision of U.S. television network VH1 to cancel its reality television series 'Liza and David' while Music Television (MTV) announced the launch of the second season of its reality series 'The Osbournes.' Problems faced by VH1 in gaining access to show's stars; Viewership...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.