Verizon Taps Microsoft TV For FiOS Video
- A New Online Sightâ€”Live TV Programming. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;7/23/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 30, p18
Provides information on the Slingbox, a device which can redirect live television programming from any cable box to computers. Features of the device; Computer programs supported by the service; Benefits of the device to users.
- Microsoft Goes Consumer. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;06/21/99, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p24
Focuses on the launching of Microsoft Corp.'s TV Platform Adaptation Kit (TVPAK), a combination of software television technologies centered around interactive television. Product features; Benefits offered by TVPAK; Status of the digital set-top box (STB) market.
- Standardization makes device integration straightforward. Colpaert, Jan // CED;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the impact of proprietory management systems on cable television (TV) equipment in the United States. Installation of software systems in managing various TV equipments; Challenges on maintaining high-level management system; Interoperability between network management system and...
- Uncompressed HO for Edit Share 4.0. // Televisual;Mar2006, p51
The article features the shared storage system EditShare 4.0 that supports uncompressed high definition for audio and video files and its availability in Great Britain.
- A new ERA of Testing. Langowski, Angela // CED;Jul2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the equipments developed by manufactures for multiple system operator (MSO) used in cable television. Goal of test equipment manufacturers; Services offered by MSO; Development of software for test equipments.
- Flip Factory from Telestream. // TVB Europe;May2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Announces the availability of FlipFactory Pro, streaming media automation software product from Telestream. Functionality of the software; Significance of the software to television broadcasters.
- Shrinking Modem Margins Could Spark Consolidation. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p3
Reports the decrease in cable-modem margins in the United States. Comments of cable-modem vendors on the problem; Forecasts on the consolidation among vendors selling equipment certified for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 1.0; Percentage of DOCSIS-based modems shipped...
- Remote Possibilities. Butts, Tom // TV Technology;9/5/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p4
No abstract available.
- IBOPE to invest $2M in Mediafax. HERNANDEZ, GINA M. // Caribbean Business;8/27/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the investment of the Brazilian Institute of Public Opinion & Statistics of new software and equipment worth two million dollars in Brazil. This move is intended to expand Mediafax' Inc. television (TV)-behavior measuring tools and increase its sample by 20%. Mediafax...