Ops Spec Out the Future
- CableLabs freezes PacketCable specs. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the decision of CableLabs Inc. to froze specifications tied to PacketCable. Alignment of qualification testing of PacketCable-based products; Offer of PacketCable testing waves; Cost of the product testing.
- CABLELABS ISSUES OPENCABLE SPECIFICATION. // Modem Users News;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the release of the Advanced Host and High Definition STB Host specifications by Cable Television Laboratories Inc. Features of the specifications; Applications; Information on the company.
- OpenCable specs released. // CED;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on Cable Television Laboratories' introduction of five OpenCable interim specifications. Goal of soliciting comments from industry vendors; Efforts to meet federally-mandated rules that require retail availability of set-tops and security devices by July 2000.
- CableLabs Unifies Unicast Video Specs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p48
The article reports on the move of CableLabs to release specification on how cable-headend equipment delivers personalized-television (TV) services in the U.S. According to the author, the standard is part of the company's overarching Modular Headend Architecture as well as modular cable modem...
- New specs to help scale VOD content. // CED;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p6
This article reports on the launch of the 2.0 version of its video-on-demand (VOD) content specifications by CableLabs Inc. The new release is intended to deliver better searching capabilities and other enhancements. According to Rick Qualters, the SVP of Technology at IMAKE Software & Services...
- Dear old DOCSIS. Schley, Stewart // CED;Nov2006, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on the release of a new set of specifications for version 3.0 of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) by CableLabs Inc. in the U.S. The said documentation outlines approaches for data delivery that could result in downstream speeds of 160 Mbps or more....
- Canoe, CableLabs Outline First Ad Specs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p61
The article focuses on Advanced Advertising 1.0 reference architecture specification drafted by Canoe Ventures LLC and CableLabs. Chief technology officer Arthur Urduna of Canoe Ventures LLC says that the combined features of Advanced Advertising 1.0 provides standards that cable operators can...
- Cable players to tackle telephony. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;8/1/94, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Cable Television Laboratories' launching of its telephony request for proposal. Expected outcome from the request for proposal; Participating companies.
- New directions for CableLabs. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;04/28/97, Vol. 4 Issue 13, pI-1
Talks about CableLabs' expansion in 1997 to foster invention on all telecommunications fronts. Role of creating relationships with other industries; CableLabs' plan to provide technical assistance, testing facilities and funding; Development of core technologies spearheaded by CableLabs.