The Magic of Timing
- Making Movies Count. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
The article reports that cable networks are building cinematic franchises to lure back their viewers. It mentions the success of Syfy on its horror films line up for Saturday night such as "Mega Piranha and Sharktopus" and "Stonehenge Apocalypse," which brought about 1.9 million audiences to the...
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- Viewers flock to basic cable. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p16
Reports that most of the basic cable networks in the United States reported high ratings growth in the first quarter of 1996. Popularity of Black Entertainment Television's O.J. Simpson interview; Statistics on USA Network's rating; Name of top-rated cablecast during the first quarter. INSET:...
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- The Box bows on satellite; BBET bans guns; MVA report. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;9/11/93, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the commencement of satellite transmissions for the viewer-programmed music video network The Box with a five-minute commissioned track written by Prince. Target audience of The Box; Black Entertainment Television's ban on gun depictions on video for month of September; Results of...
- Showtime. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/31/93, Vol. 105 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the series introduced by The Nashville Network. `Music City Tonight'; `Country News'; `Dance Line'; `Video Countdown'; Launching of `Caribbean Sound,' by Black Entertainment Television; Sony Nashville's `Steppin' Country' home videos.
- BET to launch all-jazz channel. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;10/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p82
Reports on Black Entertainment Television's plan to launch in January 1996 BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, a new 24-hour sister cable channel devoted exclusively to jazz. Programming content; BET's existing jazz program `Jazz Central' as the new channel's flagship original show; Types of...
- Some like it expensive. Haugsted // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p6
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes cable firm AMC's broadcast of the auction of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia at Christie's; `The Boondocks' comic strip's criticism of the African-American cable network Black...
- The ubiquitous Biography. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p32
Reports the programming schedule of A&E cable television network in the U.S. Miniseries added to the program line up; Specials scheduled to launch by the network; Efforts of the station to raise its ratings.