- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p18
Presents news briefs related to the cable industry in the U.S. as of September 12, 2005. Household rating of the premiere of television program "Rome: Engineering an Empire"; Carriage agreement between College Sports Television and EchoStar Communications Corp.; List of U.S. actresses who will...
- HISTORY. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC42
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network History Channel. The ratings of several of the network's reality television programs are discussed including those for "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers." New programs to be broadcast by the network in...
- CNN's Seismic Shift. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;8/23/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p6
The article focuses on the cable television network Cable News Network (CNN). The network's agreement with media buying service Starcom to provide guarantees for ratings for its away-from-home audiences in locations such as restaurants and hotels is considered. These audiences are an exception...
- DANDY DEBUTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the rating of the television shows of Court TV in the U.S. Investigation of crimes; Percentage of the rating for the premiere series; Improvement of the cable show.
- Cable Ratings Sagged in August, But Lifetime Soared. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p5
Reports the business status of the cable networks as of August 2001 in the U.S. Effect of the negative ratings on the station's programming; Increase on the rating of the prime time programs; Impact of prime time programs on households.
- Cable gains viewers. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p8
Reports increase in the viewership and ratings of cable televisions in the United States. Percentage increase in viewership and ratings of the TV program 'Survivor' of CBS; Performance of TBS Superstation in terms of prime time rating; TV rating of 'Sunday Night NFL' of ESPN; Viewership on the...
- People's Choice 50 top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p90
Presents a list of the top 50 basic cable programs in the United States for the week ended July 13, 1997 as compiled by the Nielsen Media Research and Turner Research.
- CABLE'S TOP 25 PEOPLE'S CHOICE. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p47
Presents charts depicting the top cable programs for the week of June 12 to 18, 2000 in the United States. List of the top programs; Schedule of airtime; Data on cable rating and coverage area rating within the cable network's range; Information on the US rating based on the television...
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p59
Presents a chart depicting the top 15 basic cable programs in the United States for the week of February 5 to 11, 1996. Includes program; Network; Time; Rating.