ABC News Now Goes Off Air, Might Return
- Business news gets French flavor. James, Alison // Variety;6/6/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 3, p17
Features the BFM TV business news channel in France. Observation on the cable and satellite audience; Result of the fact that radio group Nextradio saved BFM form the brink of bankruptcy in 2002; Significance of switching to digital television.
- News departments tap into high-tech. Carpenter-Johnson, Peggy; Thom, Bill; Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p10
Reports the technological innovations of the television broadcasting news departments in the United States. Elimination of the expense of copying and making the devices ideal; Usability of the portable digital notepads to the reporters; Importance of transferring public documents to the...
- The Digital Newsroom: Ready or Not. Hickey, Neil // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p56
Deals with the introduction of digital television (DTV) news. Two main ingredients of the switch to DTV news; Some of the possibilities for expanded DTV news; Most basic thing a TV news director needs to know about DTV.
- Will local news rule the next millennium? Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p17
Focuses on developments related to television broadcasting of news in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Digital television technology's impact on television reporting of news; Creation of 24-hour local news channels; Impact on news cable networks.
- Making news. Walker // World Broadcast News;Oct99, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
Examines prospects for newsroom digital systems in the next millennium. Current complaints about system crashes, training shortcomings, and unpredictable reliability; Designers and broadcasters' expectations concerning computer-based systems; Biggest challenges facing broadcasters in their...
- News on the hoof. Francis, Trevor // TVB Europe;Aug2005, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p38
Reports on "out of the box" systems which are solutions ideally suited to television stations where an immediate improvement in workflow is required and where the projected return on investment may not support the high capital cost of a customized system. Offer of all the benefits of...
- Fresh Xchange of news. Gold, Jim // TVB Europe;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
The article previews the fourth annual News Xchange conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on November 9-11, 2005. News Xchange is a not-for-profit event organized by Eurovision and is the only event where broadcasters meet to share views and ideas on how to enhance newscasts. The industry is at...
- What changes in newsroom operations has new technology brought to CNN? Castle, Gordon // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p94
Focuses on the changes in newsroom operations that a technology plan brought to CNN. Reason for developing a technology plan; Impact of the technology on workflow and production system at CNN; Aspects of CNN's technology plan; Requirements of the technology plan; Changes in the digital servers...
- Avid reaffirms news commitment. Dickson // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 48, p42
Reports on Avid Technology's introduction of a digital newsroom solution for broadcasters in conjunction with Avstar, Grass Valley Group and Pluto Technologies. Key features of the Avid/Avstar/Pluto system; Introduction of Pluto's NewsPlayer NP server.