OLN Sets Plan for On Demand
- Comcast Grows Sports Empire. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the efforts of Comcast Corp. in assembling a nationwide string of regional sports networks as of October 2004. Key features of the company's California channel Comcast SportsNet West; Partnership with the owners of the major sports teams in Chicago, Illinois; Video on demand package...
- Gay-Aimed 'Here! TV' Goes Premium. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the 24-hour premium network launched in 2004 by Here! TV, formerly just an on-demand and pay-per-view service targeting gay audiences. Pricing for the premium channel; Types of programs included in Here! TV's subscription video-on-demand service; Claims of most cable operators...
- Video-on-demand test essential to Comcast. Fritz, Ben; Amour, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/30/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 67, p13
Reports that Comcast has enlisted one of the first ratings surveys of how viewers use video-on-demand (VOD). Determination of the best way to offer VOD; Start of the trial run in May 2004; Goal to enable programmers to better appraise viewer preferences; Programming choices on shows and...
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.
- Tally key behavior. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p366
Explains the importance of the tally key in television broadcasting. Overview of the tally system; How the system works; Significance of safety systems.
- Global sales top agenda for nets. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John; Hudson, Peter // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the shift in marketing focus of the television broadcasting industry in Spain to gain market share in the international television industry. Strategies of several television companies to sharpen their international television market focus; Technological innovations in television...
- Television stations. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;7/28/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p31
Profiles the television broadcasting industry of Puerto Rico. Competition among commercial television stations; Management changes.
- If a duopoly is good, a triopoly may be better. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p19
Reports on shared talent resources for WFOR, WBFS and WTVX television broadcasting. Advantages of the approach; Remark of WFOR-TV General Manager Steve Mouldin on the approach; Proposed acquisition of WTVX by Viacom.
- NBC affil fills role of ratings shield-bearer. C.B.; Brockinton, Langdon // MediaWeek;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p17
Features TVWise, a two-minute, nightly on-air prime-time program ratings capsule segment featuring information about television programs and its content ratings, produced by KSL-TV in Salt Lake City, Utah. Advance program information offered by KSL; about its prime-time programs; Description of...