NCTA'S MR. RIGHT
- Making cable modems a reality. Kopf, David; Lindstrom, Annie // America's Network;04/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the challenges faced by the cable television (CATV) in the existence of other competing technologies. Solution of CATV in crating a good product; How far can the cable modern services will drop its cost; Factors that affect the cost of cable modem; Two cable modem standards; Other...
- Gallic cablers battle quotas. Farrell, Pia // Hollywood Reporter;6/20/95, Vol. 337 Issue 38, pI-1
Reports on the efforts of French cable television operators to carry foreign channels. Discussion on France's quota requirements; Complaints from the French Association of Cable Operators; Popular programs in France.
- Western Show Still Vital to Cable Tech Interests. Kaitz, Spencer // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p37
Focuses on the Western Show convention of cable television operators that will be held at Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California from December 3-6, 2002. Theme of the convention; Operators and programmers participating in the show; Connections between important initiative pursued by...
- New Faces Gear Up For Show. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p28
Reports on the California Cable Television Association's 2000 Western Show cable television trade show to be held in Los Angeles, California. Cable television networks that have decided not to joint the exhibit; Other cable companies planning to join the exhibit.
- 6 MSOs Accept Western Invite. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p16
Focuses on United States-based cable operators' acceptance of California Cable Television Association's offer of lower association dues and free rooms in return for a commitment to send top executives to the 2001 Western Show. Efforts to stave off a drop in attendance; Creation of a 'Back to...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;3/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p17
A calendar of events for the U.S. from March-May 2015 is presented including the periodical's Wonder Women Luncheon, 2015 BCAP Cable Academy and the Mississippi Cable Telecommunications Association convention.
- Cable highlights new technology. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1A
Focuses on cable television technology in the United States highlighted at the 2000 Western Cable Show of the California Cable Television Association. Improvement of distribution systems; Launching of interactive television (ITV) features in cable networks.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p20
A calendar of events for the U.S. in November-December 2014 is presented which includes the Indiana Cable Telecommunications Association, Fall Meeting and Hog Roast, the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) 91, and the NewBay Media, New York City Television Week.
- Fiber/coax RFP. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/03/96, Vol. 126 Issue 24, p49
Reports on Cable Television Laboratories Inc. and the California Cable Television Association's issuance of a joint request for a proposal to demonstrate the capability of hybrid fiber/coaxial networks at the CableNET '96 segment of the Western Cable Show in Anaheim, California.