Voters return Chicago incumbents to office
- In election's wake, signs that race-based voting is fading. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p11
Comments on the outcome of Chicago, Illinois' first non-partisan municipal election on February 23, 1999. Mayor Richard M. Daley's victory over Bobby Rush; 18th Ward Alderman Thomas Murphy's re-election victory.
- Around the U.S.A. // National Minority Politics;Sep94, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p36
Reports on developments in minority politics in the United States as of September 1994. Representative Bobby Rush's challenge against Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley; Sexual harassment allegations against Benjamin Chavis; `City Vote' campaign to allow major cities to be more involved with...
- Former Black Panther to run for Mayor of Chicago. // New York Amsterdam News;12/24/98, Vol. 89 Issue 52, p2
Reports on the announcement by Democratic Representative Bobby Rush, former member of the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, that he will run against Mayor Richard Daley in the nonpartisan mayoral elections in Chicago, Illinois on February 23, 1999.
- In Rush vs. Daley contest, challenger's options are few. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/18/99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Opinion. Argues that United States Representative Bobby Rush will find it tough to unseat Chicago Mayor Richard Daley during the mayoral elections on February 23, 1999. Ability of Rush to break away from the label `black candidate'; Proposal to upset the campaign of Daley.
- How far can Rush mayoral run go? Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/30/98, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on Representative Bobby Rush's chances of getting elected as mayor of Chicago, Illinois. High favorability ratings of incumbent Mayor Richard Daley; Shortage of campaign cash; Isolation of the biggest mistakes in Daley's decade in office; Need for Rush to consolidate the black voters.
- Why Daley should be losing sleep at night. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;5/9/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p1
This article presents information on the U.S. Federal probe into the city hall corruption in the United States. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald's office has not named Mayor Richard Daley as a target and no allegations against him have been made. Meanwhile, Mayor Daley's potential political foes are...
- Labor helps shape election. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
The article presents information related to the runoff elections in the City Council of Chicago, Illinois. Runoff elections are on April 17, 2007. Mayor Richard M. Daley is easily defeating his opponents, Clerk of the Circuit Court Dorothy Brown and community activist and businessman William...
- ILLINOIS: Daley's Casino Dream. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports on attempts made by Richard Daley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to secure land-based casino license for the city. Reasons for Daley's interest in a Casino; Budgetary restrictions over Daley; Other sources of revenue explored by Chicago city.
- Chicago Mayor's $4.6B Budget Stresses Local Improvements. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p3
Reports on the proposal of 2003 fiscal budget by mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of the budget; Project coverage of the budget; Plans of Daley for a post-election tax hike.