Top ten most active secondary market bonds[*]
- Mortgage Loan Demand Prompts N.C. Agency to Issue $65 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p3
The article discusses the sale of $65 million of revenue bonds by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency to continue to keep up with the strong demand for mortgage loans stemming from low interest rates. The proceeds from the sale were used to construct single-family mortgage loans. The deal...
- Mariner sails into reverse mortgages. // Money Management;9/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on the entrance of Mariner Financial Services Inc. in the reverse mortgage market in Australia. Reason which prompted the company to join the market; Emphasis on pension and bond-related products; Attribute of reverse mortgages which is beneficial to retirees.
- Freddie to Buy $1B of Louisiana, Mississippi Housing Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p4
Reports on the plan of secondary mortgage market firm Freddie Mac to buy in tax-exempt single- and multifamily revenue bonds from state and local housing finance agencies in Louisiana and Mississippi in order to assist in the recovery of the hurricane-battered Gulf Coast region. Possibility for...
- FDIC to expedite access to covered bond collateral. // North Western Financial Review;9/1/2008, Vol. 193 Issue 17, p30
The article reports on the clarification by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) about the covered bonds as an alternative to securitization in the mortgage market in the U.S. It specifies how the bonds would be treated in the event of a bank failure. In addition, FDIC will expedite access...
- Thornburg Hints at Further Asset Sales. // American Banker;2/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 41, p17
The article reports that Thornburg Mortgage Inc. of Santa Fe, New Mexico said it might be forced to sell more assets to meet its lenders demands for more collateral as the price of bonds linked to mortgages continued to fall. The company has already met $300 million in margin calls, limiting its...
- American team helps form a Russian MBS mart. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/23/98, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p7
Presents information on investments focusing on the joint venture between a team of companies and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government to develop a mortgage market in Moscow, Russia. Identification of some of the companies; Comments from Martin Levine, managing director of international...
- Colombia forms mortgage GSE. Garry, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the launch of a government-sponsored home mortgage agency for secondary mortgage market in Colombia. Mortgage lending system; Interest rates; Housing laws.
- Secondary mortgage market goes commercial. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1988, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p46
Reports the securitization of the secondary mortgage market in the United States. Acceptance of commercial real estate in the capital markets; Advantages of securitizing commercial mortgages; Standardization of the complex commercial documents.
- Make secondary mortgage market a strategic tool. LaMalfa, Tom; Holm, John // ABA Banking Journal;Dec84, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p48
Reports on key issues and developments relevant to the secondary mortgage market in the U.S. compiled as of December 1984. Overview of whole loan sales; Yields on participation; Benefits of changing the mortgage from a mortgage to a security; Factors influencing the expansion and maturity of...