TLC's Next GM Will Have Short Learning Curve
- Will TLC open up a syndie 'Trading' post? Schneider, Michael // Variety;6/23/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the interest of syndie distributors in the television program 'Trading Spaces,' produced by TLC. Reasons of TLC for not selling the show's episodes to broadcast stations; Remarks from Roger Marmet, TLC general manager.
- TLC Ups Programming Budget And Eyes Stronger Friday Slots. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the plans of Roger Marmet as senior vice president and general manager of The Learning Channel in the U.S. Role of Marmet in the growth of the cable network; Details of programming and budget changes to be made by the network; Career background of Marmet.
- TLC LEARNS LESSON FROM OTHER CABLERS. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/10/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the success of the cable television series 'Trading Spaces' produced by The Learning Channel. Programming costs of the series; Projections of Kagan World Media on the series; Information on TLC.
- CABLERS HAMMER THE POINT HOME. Martin, Denise // Variety;6/23/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the increasing number of home decoration shows in cable television in the U.S. Television shows that are spinoff of 'The Osbournes'; Prediction of Clark Bunting, executive vice president-general manager at Discovery Channel; Televiewership rating of 'Trading Spaces.'
- REALITY BITES. Baione, Patricia // Boating;Mar2004, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p33
Features the next episode of the TV program "Trading Spaces" in The Learning Channel of the U.S. Description of the boats to be swapped for the show; Schedule for the premiere of the episode.
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p26
Presents tabular representations of the top cable advertising-supported programs in the U.S. for the week of September 29, 2003 to October 5, 2003. "Trading Spaces"; "SpongeBob"; "Law & Order."
- Cable Wins Big in 2004. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;1/3/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on the ratings of several programs on cable networks in the U.S., as of January 2005. "Law & Order" on USA and TNT; "Trading Spaces" on TLC; "2004 Video Music Awards" on MTV.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.