Massachusetts' $250 million issue may help balance debt payments
- Connecticut Caps Off Fiscal Year With $324 Million GO Sale. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p5
Reports the selling of the general obligation bond in the state of Connecticut. Problem in dealing the reserve funds for additional revenues; Deficit of the state on public financing; Amount of the outstanding debt of the state.
- Bond Plan to Close Michigan's Deficit Stopped by Panel. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p38
Reports the rejection of the proposal to use bonds for Michigan in the House Appropriations Committee. Votes needed for the proposal approval; Reasons behind the rejection; Consideration of options to cover up revenue shortfall.
- Latest Stem-Cell Debate in California: To Tax or Not to Tax the Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p36
Reports on the debate whether California should issue taxable or tax-exempt bonds intended for stem cell research. Tendency for royalty or license agreements that generate for the state to effect the status of the bonds; Criticisms on the establishment of the California Institute for...
- Miami-Dade Authority to Price Deal, Terminate 3 Swaps Today. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p3
The article reports on the plans of the Miami-Dade County Expressway Authority of South Florida to manage their debts by pricing $ 300 million worth of toll system revenue bonds and the termination of three interest rate swaps with different lending companies. The proceeds of the bonds will be...
- Bluegrass RFPs on the way. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p1
Reports on the state of Kentucky's preparation of requests for proposals for its planned debt issue in 1999. Plan to select a pool of bankers who will serve individual agencies for one to two years; Estimated size of the debt issue; Proposed use of proceeds for post-secondary education and...
- Washington looks to refund $624 million. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p2
Reports on Washington State's plan to sell general obligation (GO) refunding bonds and motor vehicle fuel tax GO refunding bonds as early as March 2, 1999. Consideration of a plan to expand a convention and trade center in Seattle; Decline in the state's interest rates.
- Massive Liabilities Plus Politkal Paralysis Leave Plenty of Work to Be Done. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p72
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of California. According to the author, California is facing liabilities associated to the retirement system for its state and local government workforce. The California Public Employees' Retirement System was underfunded by $24.7 billion...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the Iranian government's plan to issue state bonds to finance a deficit in its budget.
- Louisiana Bond Commission Gives Year-End OK to Over $2 Billion. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p40
The article reports on the approval of more than $2 billion of debt requests by the Louisiana State Bond Commission at its last meeting in 2006. There were several discussed items on the agenda including issues about the Gulf Opportunity Zone projects. Key information regarding sale of revenue...