Iowa schools look to sales tax for construction projects
- Stores pose taxing dilemma for burbs. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the declining sales tax revenues in Chicago, Illinois. Contrast to the number of stores of shopping centers; Diversion of sales tax payments; Use of sales tax rebates for economic development initiatives.
- Sales tax revenue up for area cities. Freeman, Michael // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/17/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 33, p2A
The article offers information on the increase in sales tax revenue for various area cities in Texas for 2011, such as the sales revenue increase in Burnet County by more than four percent and 0.14 percent increase for Llano County.
- Tax revenues up, big picture not so bright. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/25/99, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p5A
Reports on the increase in sales tax revenues in Long Island, New York as of June 1999. Percentage of the increase in tax revenues in different counties; Factors which contributed to the increase in tax revenues; Comment by Pearl Kamer, chief economist for the Long Island Association.
- State taxable sales jump 5.3 percent. Robison, Jennifer // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/4/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 40, pP13
This article reports on the 5.3% increase in taxable sales posted by Nevada in July 2010.
- Kyle barely tops Buda in last year's sales tax collections. SEVILLA, ANDY // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/18/2013, Vol. 114 Issue 38, p1D
The article discusses the report from Texax Comptroller that the city of Kyle beat the city of Buda in total sales tax revenue by less than 20,000 dollars for the 2013 calendar year.
- Sales tax revenues still on rise. SEVILLA, ANDY // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/16/2014, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p1D
The article reports on the growth of sales tax revenue in the cities of Kyle and Buda in Texas by 18% in April 2014 as compared in April 2013.
- Tulsa, Okla., Voters to Decide Fate of Third-Penny Tax in May. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32356, p3
The article reports on the scheduled vote of Tulsa, Oklahoma residents whether to extend a one-cent sales tax to fund capital improvement projects. Voters will also consider 71.3 million dollars of unfinished projects to be paid for by the extension of the tax in 2001. City Treasurer Stan Jones...
- Streamlining's Speed Bump. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p50
Deals with the threat posed by the sourcing issue on the Streamlined Sales Tax Project (SSTP) in the U.S. Applicability of a locality's sales tax rate in transactions; Implication of the origin-based rules in sales tax for local revenues; Comments from Mike Martin, city administrator in Kent,...
- ALA convention bump makes N.O. feel like 'old times'. Capochino, April // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/3/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p10
The article reports on the importance of consumer spending on the recovery of New Orleans, Louisiana after the Hurricane Katrina disaster. The city is relying on conventions and tourist visits to generate sales tax revenues and help the area recover economically. As of April 2006, the city has...