Merrill's purchase of Shaw could boost its online trading efforts
- Merrill Lynch buying internet savvy but says it won't go discount route. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;2/22/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p1
Discloses Merrill Lynch & Co.'s plan to use D.E. Shaw & Co.'s technology arm, D.E. Shaw Financial Technology LP, to build up its Internet presence. Significance of Merrill's acquisition of the D.E. Shaw Financial Technology LP; Background of the parties involved in the deal; Reason for...
- Bank Merger? Merrill Shrugs Off Idea. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;2/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p24
Reports the rumor on the alleged merging with commercial bank by Merrill Lynch & Co. in New York. Rumors on the linkage of the company with HSCBC Holdings PLC; Clarification of E. Stanley O'Neal, president and chief executive officer of the company to rumors; Contentment on the credit...
- Merrill Hires a Middle-Market M&A Team. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;8/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 151, p2
Reports on Merrill Lynch's hiring of a team of merger and acquisitions advisers to specialize in midsize financial institutions. Creation of a financial institutions unit within the firm's middle-market mergers advisory group; Responsibilities and experiences of the advisers.
- DLF Realty Trust Likely to Receive $500Mn Funding. // EmergingMarketsNOW;3/13/2008, p2
The article reports on the plans of Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, and DE Shaw to invest in DLF Assets's (DAL) real estate investment trust (REIT) in India. The deal is expected to be closed in near future. The company will use the funds to pay debts that are due by end March 2008. DLF Assets is...
- Merrill confirms deal to buy piece of Pru's mortgage business. Ratner, Julianna // American Banker;5/2/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 84, p10
Reports on the agreement by the Merrill Lynch and Company, New York, to buy a piece of Prudential Insurance Company of America's mortgage unit. Where the deal was reported; Details of the Lender's Service Incorporation; Continued services to the clients of the unit.
- IDD OutTakes. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p4
Presents news concerning investment dealers as of October 2005. Return by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. to the Japanese brokerage business; Appointment of Andreas Dombret as vice chairman of investment banking in Europe at Bank of America; Plan of UBS to purchase a 20% stake in Beijing Securities.
- Merrill Scouts for Opportunities Abroad. Bloomberg News // American Banker;6/21/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 118, p19
The article reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is planning to expand outside of the United States. The company is discussing acquisitions and joint ventures, according to vice chairman Robert McCann. Merrill Lynch hopes to profit from expanding international stock markets. The company earned 11%...
- CardWorks Has Deadline to Exit $300M Deal. BERGQUIST, ERICK // American Banker;7/12/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 132, p10
The article discusses the CompuCredit Corp.'s deal to buy CardWorks Inc. CompuCredit announced it's intention to buy CardWorks in September 2005 for $270 million but the deal has been stalled since then. CardWorks can exit the deal by June 12, 2006 or until it receives a loan that it has been...
- MetLife Unit Gets Merrill Lynch Distribution Deal for Variables. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;3/15/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 51, p10
Reports the distribution deal between Metlife Investors and Merrill Lynch & Co. to promote sales of annuities in the U.S. Total amount of annuities sold by Merrill Lynch; Lists of companies involved in the distribution deal of Metlife; Increase in sales of variable products.
- Re-Embrace Of Investment Banking... Dobbs, Kevin; Davis, Paul // American Banker;9/16/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 179, p1
The article reports on investment banking. Bank of America Corp. is involved in a deal to acquire Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. which will make it even larger than Citigroup Inc. Kenneth D. Lewis, chief executive officer of Bank of America, states that a review of Merrill showed that it contains the...