Issuers' payments covered, but not trustees', insurers say
- Fiduciary duties and the year 2000. Smith, Brian W.; Yesutis, Joseph E. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug98, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the responsibility of trustees in fulfilling their fiduciary duties in addressing the year 2000 date conversion problems of computer systems (Y2K) in the United States. Information about the year 2000 computing crisis; Duties of trustees in addressing the Y2K issue under the prudent...
- Fiduciaries and Y2K. // Pensions & Investments;6/15/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the impact of the year 2000 computer (Y2K) problem on pension fund fiduciaries. How will the Y2K problem affect their internal fund operations; Who the pension fund and service providers include; What the Y2K problem involves; Consequences that businesses will face if...
- BMA Muni Group Forms Y2K Panel. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;05/03/99, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p8
Reports that the Bond Market Association's municipal bond division is forming a committee to address the year 2000 computing problem.
- Chicago says it will keep investors up to date on year 2000 compliance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p7
Reports on Chicago officials' efforts to provide investors with information on how the city is addressing the year 2000 problem via the preliminary and official statements for all of the city's upcoming bond sales. Overhaul of citywide systems that handle work and purchasing orders, inventory...
- Bond insurers tracking issuers, exposure as 2000 nears. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p30
Reports that bond insurers in the United States are tracking issuers in preparation for any potential disruption that may stem out from the year 2000 date conversion problems of computer systems (Y2K). Efforts of municipal bond issuers in ensuring that their computer systems will not interfere...
- TBMA municipal group forms panel to address Y2K concerns. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Reports on the Bond Market Association (BMA)'s establishment of a committee to address year-2000 (Y2K) issues. Y2K concerns affecting variable-rate bonds and other instruments in the municipal bond market; Settlement of cases dealing with yield-burning, a corrupt bond trading practice; BMA's...
- Hidden Y2K pitfalls of third-party computer systems may trip up issuers. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p34
Warns against the destructive effects of the year 2000 date conversion problem on the bond market. Complacency of the bond issuers on the problem; Call for the market-wide implementation of preventive measures.
- Y2K fears may slow auto-supplier transactions. McCracken, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;11/08/99, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
Presents an outlook for automobile supplier deals for the fourth quarter of 1999 in the United States. Concerns related to the year 2000 computing crisis; Slowdown of bond market activities.
- Yield-burning pact, Y2K disclosure seen as big subjects for coming year. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30548, p1
Features the outlook for the securities regulation and enforcement in the United States in 1999. Municipal enforcement cases and settlements; Technology advances and glitches; Concerns that authorities will begin targeting municipal issuers in enforcement actions for failing to make proper...