- MMWEC raises $22.5 million in first CP deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p39
Reports that the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. has raised $22.5 million in its first commercial paper deal. Flexibility with cash flows in commercial paper.
- MMWEC: Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company. // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p18A
Features the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Key individuals at the electric utility; Statement of management's aims; Rating agency information; Data on municipal bond sales; Review of Web sites.
- Mass. utility to seek refunding approval. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p7
Reports that Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s board of directors has voted to seek state approval to refund its outstanding tax-exempt bond, scheduled for the middle of 2000. Similarity of the deal with previous restructuring programs; Importance of the deal to the company's...
- MMWEC: Mass. Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p34A
Features the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. Scores Fitch Upgrade. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p4
Reports on the upgrading of the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s rating by Fitch. Agency's ability to remain competitive after the commonwealth deregulated the power industry; Agency's proposed variable-rate bonds to finance a tender offer.
- MMWEC's $96 Million Sale Sets The Stage for Debt Restructuring. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p1
Focuses on Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to sell variable-rate bonds to finance a tender offer that will pave the way for its debt restructuring. Goal of ridding its advance refunded debt; Opportunity to use tax-exempt financing in restructuring the balance of its debt;...
- S&P Upgrades MMWEC Nuclear Mix Ratings. // Bond Buyer;9/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33388, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) has raised the ratings of the standing bonds for the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s Nuclear Mix Projects No. 1-4 from A to A-plus.
- $1.1 Billion Refunding Coming For Mass Municipal Electric Co. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to sell refunding revenue bonds in May 2001 as part of a massive debt restructuring plan. Expected pricing of the bonds in late-May or early June; Selected managers, financial adviser, and bond counsel for the offering.
- Massachusetts utility gets rating upgrade. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p36
Provides information on rating upgrade of Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. (MMWEC), Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Investors Service and Standard & Poors. Impetus behind MMWEC's exchange of credit; Comment of John Wesolowski, MMWEC's chief financial officer on how the companies...