Hospital sector shows vitality amidst some ailing credits
- State officials fear Pittsburgh-area AHERF hospitals face bankruptcy. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/14/98, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on bankruptcy faced by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) hospitals in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the appointment of William Scharffenberger to oversee AHERF; Creditors' claims against AHERF executives; Details on the investigations to be conducted...
- AHERF's Philly hospitals to go up for auction. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;08/17/98, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p12
Reports that on September 29, 1998, Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's eight insolvent hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will go on the auction block in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Bidding made by Tenet Healthcare Corp.; Lawsuit filed...
- AHERF hospitals draw no new bids by Friday deadline. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p1
Reports on the lack of new bids for the Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation's hospitals in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. Decision of Tenet Health Care Corp. not to continue with its planned bid for the hospitals; Bid by Vanguard Health System; Potential bids from MBIA...
- Creditors receive only $44 million from Tenet's purchase of AHERF. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p56
Reports that net proceeds from the sale of Allegheny Health, Education, and Research Foundation's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area hospital has amounted to only $44.4 million. Results of a bankruptcy hearing; Expenses on the sale of the hospital.
- Allegheny Health System announces cutbacks. // AHA News;10/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p5
Reports that the Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation has announced cutbacks in its hospital operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Allegheny bankruptcy ups pressure to increase oversight... Dunn, Philip // AHA News;08/10/98, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the impact of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's bankruptcy on a Pennsylvania law governing the transfer or conversion of health care assets. Expansion of state Attorney General Mike Fisher's power to protect charitable assets; Implication of the Allegheny...
- AHERF subsidiary may get upgrade if sale to nonprofit goes forward. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p5
Reports that Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) has been placed as one of Moody's Investors Service's subsidiaries on Watchlist for a possible upgrade. Our Lady of Lourdes Healthcare Services' acquisition of Allegheny Hospitals New Jersey; Financial problems being...
- New Management May Lead to Upgrade for AHERF-Pittsburgh. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30907, p1
Reports on the possible upgrade of the bond rating of Allegheny Health, Education, and Research Foundation's Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania hospitals. Linking up of the system with Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System; Change in the management of the system.
- Market reels as Allegheny takes Chapter 11 dive. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;07/27/98, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p1
Announces the bankruptcy of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the plan to sell all its hospitals to a for-profit company. Purchaser of the hospitals; Comments from Keith J. Shapiro of Holleb & Coff; Information on Allegheny.