Governors group promotes simplified sales tax systems
- NGA Proposal is Unconstitutional. Draughon, Richard Scott // Information Executive;Apr2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p7
Comments on the proposal of the National Governors' Association regarding sales taxes for electronic commerce vendors in the United States. Unconstitutionality of the proposal; Creation of a national sales tax cartel; Empowerment of third parties to collect taxes.
- Governors laying track for pointing, clicking and taxing e-commerce. Cresanta, Judy // Las Vegas Business Press;05/08/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the NationalGovernors' Association's push for legislation governing electronic commerce sales tax in the United States. Extra-territorial collection of sales taxes on Internet sales; Anti-competitive advantage of e-commerce sales over shopping malls; States' capacity to monitor...
- Clinton: Let States Decide On Web Tax. HOLLAND, BILL // Billboard;03/11/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the recommendation of United States President Bill Clinton that US States deal with the controversial issue of Internet sales tax as soon as possible. Details of remarks made by Clinton at the National Governor's Association Meeting in February, 2000, where he said that the federal...
- Fair's fair. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;3/31/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the support of the trade and political groups to the Marketplace Fairness Act, which requires online retailers to collect sales taxes for the state to which the goods are shipped in the U.S. The supporters include the Tire Industry Association (TIA), the National Governors...
- State and Local Groups Want Congress to Pass MFA This Year. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2014, p26
The article reports that state and local government groups, such as the National Governors Association and the National League of Cities, in the U.S. are urging the House of Congress to pass the online sales tax legislation Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) in 2014. It mentions that the groups'...
- Governors' group opens trade office in Moscow. // Business America;8/23/93, Vol. 114 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the establishment of the National Governors' Association office in Moscow, Russia. Purpose of the project; Duration; Review upon expiration of one-year period.
- Governors Pressure President for Fiscal Help. Richard, Alan // Education Week;3/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p18
Focuses on concerns of the National Governors Association regarding economic crisis and federal education mandates. Response of the U.S. president to fiscal help requests of the Association; Discussion on early childhood programs.
- Governors on other side. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;02/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p2
Reports that the National Governors' Association in the United States, passed a resolution at its meeting in Washington D.C., opposing per-capita caps on federal Medicaid spending. Other issues opposed by the National Governors' Association; Need to control spending in the United States.
- Rethinking state development policies and programs. Kayne, Joseph A.; Shonka, Molly E. // Economic Development Review;Fall94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p68
Discusses the policies resolved by the National Governors' Association (NGA) of the United States concerning the use of public subsidies and incentives for private investments. Impact of international trade agreements on the policies concerning incentives; Updating of state policies toward...