Commission considers bonds to convert Hawaiian naval base
- Pleased Pease. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/30/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p17
Discloses that two Pease Development Authority-supported reports have concluded that development at former Pease Air Force Base in Newington has played a key role in the economic rebirth of the Seacoast. Estimated value of investments in the area; Impact Pease has had on the region's real...
- Base offer muddies El Toro debate. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;05/03/99, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the United States government's offer to give the El Toro and Tustin Marine air bases to Orange County, California, for free. Impact to the plans for the non-aviation development of El Toro; Appraisals of the bases' worth; Delays in the transfer of the bases to the county government;...
- A Great Park...and an Airport? Lester, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p58
Comments on the proposed development of a park and an airport at the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Orange County, California. Economic impact and public benefit of the proposal; Suggested model of the conversion plan.
- Still no longer: Pageant of masters raps El Toro plan. // Orange County Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p3
Reports that the Festival of the Arts/Pageant of the Masters has has registered its opposition to the plan to convert the El Toro Marine base into a commercial airport. Contents of a letter sent to vice president Al Gore from the group's directors; Other information relating to the issue.
- Opposing Teams. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;01/11/99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1
Profiles the people who are advocating or opposing the planned conversion of the El Toro Marine Base into a commercial airport in California. Includes businessman George Argyros; Businessman Steven Myers; Board of supervisors majority members Chuck Smith, Jim Silva and Cynthia Coad; Anaheim...
- Pro-airport forces plot counter-offensive in El Toro PR war. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;08/10/98, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the California-based Orange County government plans a public relations campaign to transform the El Toro Marine Air Base in Santa Ana, California, into a commercial airport. Money allocated by the county government and Newport Beach to finance the campaign; Campaign as a move...
- DOD forms Austin airport team. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/13/95, Vol. 235 Issue 20, p18
Reports on the conversion of Austin, Texas' Bergstrom Air Force Base into Austin-Bergstorm International Airport. Project details and costs; Scheduled opening.
- Remarks prior to a meeting with the Initial Base Adjustment Strategy Committee in San Antonio, ... Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/23/95, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1859
Presents the opening statement given by the president of the United States, dealing on the base conversion of the Kelly Air Force Base, given October 17, 1995, at the Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
- Remarks to the community at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/23/95, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1860
Presents a speech given by Bill Clinton, President of the United States, dealing on the base conversion of the Kelly Air Force Base, given October 17, 1995, at the Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.