THESES AND DISSERTATIONS ON BRITISH AND IRISH LABOUR HISTORY, 2003
- Tyneside turnaround. Whitworth, Mick // Food Manufacture;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the industrial relations management of the Fawdon factory of NestlÃ©. Creation of a trade union partnership arrangement; Receipt of the Best Process Factory in the manufacturing awards sponsored by 'Management Today'; Division of the workforce into zones.
- Developments in Industrial Relations. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul87, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p44
Presents updates on industrial relations in the U.S. as of July 1987. Settlement between Mack Trucks Inc. and the Auto Workers; Benefits accords between the Grain Millers union and General Mills Inc., Pillsbury Co., ConAgra Inc. and International Multifoods Corp.; Pay equity increase for New...
- Companies happier to work with unions. Overell, Stephen // People Management;9/11/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p19
Reports that British employers are increasingly coming to terms with the prospect of being forced to recognize trade unions according to the annual industrial relations survey from Dibb Lupton Alsop. Percentage of employers who believe that recognition would damage either their companies or...
- Unions and Canadian productivity? O'Grady, John; McLean, David // CMA Magazine;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the role of Canada's organized labor in a work environment which presents a productivity challenge to remain competitive. Relevance of unions; Innovation in unionized companies; Management's attitude toward employees; Employee participation in management; Philosophical differences...
- Editorial: The Future of Trade Unions in Europe. Part I. Matiaske, Wenzel; Gr�zinger, Gerd // Management Revue;2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including trade unions, social market economy, and industrial relations.
- In all fairness. McCartney, Ian // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p38
Outlines how trade unions can play a key role as business partners with employers in Great Britain. Proposal from the government; Significance of employment relations; Role of unions in implementing the European working time regulations.
- USDAW proposes industrial relations law changes. // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p31
Reports that the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers in Great Britain has issued proposals for a framework for industrial relations law. Right of every employee with more than three months of service to appeal to an industrial tribunal.
- Colombia (Case No. 2565). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1 (353, 354), p88
The article reports on the complaint filed by several labor unions in Colombia relating to the declaration of loss of enforceability or validity of the decisions entering in the trade union register.
- Joined-up thinking. // Works Management;Feb2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the effectiveness of a partnership approach in improving trade union and employer relationships in Great Britain according to the report, 'Pressure: How Does It Survive' by the Institute for Employment Studies. Advise for firms to institutionalize partnership agreements and tackle...
- Report on Trade Union in India. Millen, Bruce H. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec68, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on trade unions in India. Tasks and goals of organized Indian labor; Job market structure; Relation between organized labor and political groups; Problems in union leadership.