Go Lower for Yield? Depends How You View the Spreads
- Scant new issues draw some buyers to hospital sector. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p11
Focuses on the scarcity of new issues in the municipal bond market in the United States, as of April 1999. Impact on the portfolio managers' buying power; Information on the bonds issued by the Colorado Health Facilities Authority and Montgomery County in Maryland.
- Riding the Market's Wave. Fine, Jacob; Albano, Christine; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market in the second quarter of 2000. Municipal bond mutual funds; Success of high-yield managers; Short-term focus on income; Neutral-interest rate outlook; Portfolio management strategies.
- Muni Fund Ride Isn't Entirely Bad News. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p1
The article presents views of various portfolio managers on municipal bond funds in the U.S. Timothy Pynchon mentions that high yield fund has seen positive flows. Christopher Ryon informs that at Santa Fe, New Mexico-based Thornburg Investment Management, the outflows were significantly lower...
- BlackRock's Hayes Eyes Both Sides. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;1/29/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33852, p1
The article presents the views of Peter Hayes, head of the municipal bond portfolio management research and trading at BlackRock Inc., related to the major changes in asset management associated with the U.S. bond market. He discusses the impact of the asset management on the activity of the...
- Community Capital Muni Pros Earn Awards. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2014, p23
The announces that portfolio managers Julie Egan and Michelle Rogers received honors for their work in the municipal bond industry by "Traders Magazine."
- O'Hare, N.Y.C. Deals Stand Out in Shortened Calendar. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p7
The article reports that the issuers in Chicago, Illinois and New York City have led the new-issue market during the holiday-shortened week, set to issue a combined $1.7 billion of the $6.2 billion of bonds slated to be priced. Samsom Capital Advisors portfolio manager Ben Thompson states that...
- Muni Fund Managers Stand Pat. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p1
The article reports on the increase of mutual fund assets to record levels in the U.S. in 2010. This is attributed to the strength of its long-term municipal market. It notes that some portfolio managers focus on the position of their funds for good performance in a low-rate environment....
- No Relief For Real-Time Abusers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p1
The article reports that broker-dealer firms do not have any "grace period" for complying with the real-time transaction reporting system that started up Monday, and those firms that made no effort to comply with the rules governing the system will not be exempt from enforcement actions, federal...
- Investors Defy Tradition, Head for Yields. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p1
The article reports that municipal portfolio managers have resisted the logic that investors deposit money into funds when bond yields are low and withdraw money when yields are high. When bond yields are high, it is because people are worried about inflation or illiquidity. Retail investors...