Rhode Island Scores Windfall in Transportation Funds
- State seeks funds to aid trade corridor. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p1
Reports on Arizona's efforts to obtain federal funds for the proposed Western Canamex corridor. Application of the state under the Transportation Equity Act of the 21st Century; Key areas of the corridor's development which will be funded by the grant; Countries to be linked by the corridor.
- Trade corridor deserves leaders' full commitment. // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the efforts to develop the Canamex Corridor, a trade route linking Mexico, the United States and Canada. Benefits of the route's development to Arizona; Funding of construction work in the corridor by the United States government.
- Arizona a long shot for federal trade corridor grants. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;03/08/99, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p25
Reports on Arizona's efforts to obtain federal aid to help improve surface transportation along the Western Canamex Corridor. Application of the state under the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century; Other states vying for federal funds.
- Federal highway cost allocation study. March, James W. // Public Roads;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p44
Presents results of the US Department of Transportation's 1997 federal highway cost allocation study. Summary of highway cost allocation methods; Vehicle travel characteristics and population by different vehicle classes; Federal-aid highway program costs for year 2000; Federal highway user...
- RTA racing to beat fed funding change. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p2
Reports the possible change of federal funding transit projects in Cleveland, Ohio. Percentage funds allotted for qualifying transit projects; View of the Regional Transit Authority on the issue; Additional budget needed for the transportation project.
- Nassau hub transport plan crawls forward. Walzer, Robert // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/21/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p1A
Reports on the funds sought by Nassau County, New York for the study of transportation options for the county's commercial area. Plans for a shuttle bus network of a light rail system; Problems of traffic congestion; Amount requested by the county from the Federal Transportation Authority to be...
- PUMPING UP FUEL TAX. // Concrete Products;Sep2002, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p48
Reports that the U.S. House's Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Highways and Transit has heard testimony aimed at increasing the amount of federal money available for financing roads and transit. Proposal for increasing the gasoline tax.
- OKLAHOMA: The Road to Garvees. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p29
Reports on the grants received by the road projects in Tulsa and Oklahoma City in Oklahoma under a proposal approved by Oklahoma's Contingency Review Board as of February 5, 2002. Members of the board; Several areas financed by proceeds.
- Grant to give airports lift. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Reports that six airports in Northeast Ohio will receive grants under the Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment Reform Act for the 21st Century (AIR 21) in 2001. Financial aid for the necessary capital improvements in the airports; Program goals of the AIR 21 government initiative.