NABL Likes Concept of Bar Group Rule, But Not All Its Parts
- NABL urges board to seek public comment before acting on rules. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p6
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers is urging New York State's Administrative Board of Courts not to adopt any rules on lawyers' political contributions to governmental officials. Proposal for the G-37-type rule; Recommendations made on pay-to-play issues.
- NABL Committee Nominates New Officers and Board Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p5
Reports on the nomination of officers and board members by the five-member committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the United States. Details on the terms of the officers; Approval of the nomination by the members of the NABL; Enumeration of nominees and board members...
- NABL asks N.J. court to reject bar on out-of-state lawyers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p7
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers has asked the Supreme Court of New Jersey to reject a proposal on barring out-of-state lawyers from advising municipal issuers. Federal securities and tax law matters in connection with municipal securities.
- NABL Adopts Its First Mission Statement And Business Plan at Board Meeting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p6
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' adoption of a mission plan and a business plan. Exchange of ideas about municipal bond law and practices; Provision of advice and comments on federal and state legislation.
- NABL Reaffirms Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p1
Reports that National Association of Bond Lawyers has reaffirmed its support for the use of unqualified bond opinions in the municipal market. Modifications in the basis under which a bond lawyer can conclude that one can render an unqualified opinion; Explanation of bond opinions.
- Panelists Key in on Derivatives Disclosure, Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p4
Reports on the topics discussed during the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorneys' Workshop in Chicago, Illinois. Discussion on derivatives disclosures; Effects of the generally accepted accounting principles on audit options; Need for lawyers in bond offerings to obtain...
- Federal Officials Asked to ID Themselves at Sessions. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the moderators of the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorney' Workshop to identify federal officials present in Chicago, Illinois. Prevention of bond lawyers from inadvertently tipping off topics for future investigation; Permission of attendees to have...
- NABL Reviews Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p1
No abstract available.
- Ballard Spahr's Linda Schakel Tapped as Next Year's President. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p5
Reports the election of officers of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the U.S. Selection of Linda B. Schakel as president of the association; Election of board of directors; Affiliation of directors.