D.C. Group Pitches Idea For Stadium
- D.C. says stadium funding wouldn't run afoul of tax laws. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p35
Reports on the District of Columbia's consideration of using tax-exempt bonds and money from private sources to finance a baseball stadium. Washington, D.C.'s search for ways to avoid violating the tax law's private-activity restrictions; CS&L International's preparation of a financial analysis...
- Foul ball. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 19, p19
Reports that airlines and the airport authority are opposed to efforts of Arlington, Virginia government officials to build a baseball stadium close to the National Airport in Washington, D.C. Safety concerns about the proximity of the stadium to the airport; Study of safety issues by the...
- Nationals Park: Not just beer and hot dogs. Cohn, Emily // Hill;5/12/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 63, p41
The article offers information on the establishment situated inside and outside the Nationals Park stadium located in Washington, D.C. including the Das Bullpen beer corner, Five Guys Burger and Fries restaurant, and Shake Shack restaurant.
- FedEx Scores Branding Opportunity. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;11/29/99, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p30
Reports the success of Federal Express in acquiring naming rights to the Washington Redkins football stadium. Identification of the stadium as the FedEx Field; Inclination of FedEx to develop sports marketing properties; Installation of the FedEx logo throughout the stadium.
- Third stadium selects treated wooden seats. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul96, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p56
Reprints an article that appeared in the July 1966 issue of `Industrial Woodworker' periodical about the District of Columbia Memorial Stadium's cellon-treated wooden stadium seats. Description of seats; Other stadiums that use the wooden seats.
- Just say no, chapter urges. // Planning;Sep93, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the American Planning Association's National Capital Area chapter's call for further study of a plan for a new Washington Redskins football stadium in Washington, D.C. Resolution to the National Capitol Planning Commission urging a more thorough investigation; Stadium's failure to...
- About that 100-yard-long table. // National Journal;3/22/97, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p553
Suggests a possible use for the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium in Washington, D.C.
- Echoes of the Past. JOYNT, CAROL ROSS // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p68
Several photographs of the Washington Coliseum are presented, which functions as a daytime parking lot in 2013, and which served as the concert venue for the legendary British rock and roll band Beatles, indoor sports venue for the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team, and venue for political...
- The D.C. Filibusters? Loverro, Thom // Insight on the News;03/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p41
Reports on the refurbishment of the RFK Stadium in Washington for use by the Montreal Expos baseball team. Deadline given by Major League Baseball to Expos investors; Options of the Washington D.C. Sports Commission.