Sterling Expands, Seeks Licensing Deals in 2005
- Marcus Leaver. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 22, p17
The article features Marcus Leaver, president of Sterling Publishing. Leaver started his career in the restaurant business, but decided to take Masters of Business Administration at the London Business School. He worked at Chrysalis Groups and was later hired by Sterling as a strategy and...
- PowerTV signs software deal with videotron. // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p44
Reports the licensing agreement between PowerTV Inc. and Videotron Ltee for set-top software in Cupertino, California. Terms of the agreement; Implications of the deal for PowerTV; Plan to adapt the applications in French and English language; Services offered in the Videotron platform.
- USA Today Extends Brand To Books. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the licensing deals forged by "USA Today" newspaper with several publishers. The newspaper reached agreements with Nolo Press, Sterling Publishing, Sports Publishing, Andrews McMeel, Multimedia and Mead Westvaco to produce books, magazine and calendars from its content....
- Chrysalis Books CEO Denies Sale Speculation. // Book Publishing Report;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the disclaim of Chrysalis Books Group PLC CEO Marcus Leaver on claims that the business group in for sale in London, England. Circulation of sale rumors since books are not widely considered a core business to media conglomerate Chrysalis Group; Impact of the announcement on the weak...
- SL Chamber seeking standardization of business licensing process. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/10/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the efforts of the Salt Lake City Chamber of Commerce to standardize the business licensing process in Utah. Use of Internet services; Reduction of processing costs; Improvement on the quality service.
- Best Employers Standouts. // San Diego Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p59
Presents the companies recognized in the Best Employers for Workers awards established by the American Association of Retired Persons in San Diego, California.
- Chrysalis Books Poised for Recovery; Denies Sale Rumors. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p13
Provides information on the recovery of Chrysalis Books and the circulating rumor about the sale of the book division. Improvement in the company's total sales and earnings in 2004; Denial of CEO Marcus Leaver and chief executive Richard Huntingford that the book division was up for sale;...
- PCN licenses awarded to four cos. in Denmark. Pate, Kelly // RCR;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p19
Reports that four companies in Denmark were awarded licenses to operate nationwide Digital Cellular System 1800 networks in that country. Names of companies; Benefits of networks to the country; How the growth of network systems is described.
- 4. MACRO-ACCESSIBILITY IN AUSTRALIA: 4.8. SELLING FACTORS AND TECHNIQUES BEST SUITED TO THE LOCAL CULTURE. // Machinery for the Construction Industry in Australia: A Strategi;2003, p179
Chapter 4.8 of the book "Machinery for the Construction Industry in Australia: A Strategic Reference 2003" is presented. It highlights the techniques for U.S. companies to sell products in Australia. The ways for these companies to structure their prices competitively is presented. It offers the...