Results of competitive sales
- Illinois, California Deals Top List as Rollover Season Starts. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p6
This article focuses on the bonds deals to be issued by various agencies in June 2003 in the U.S. The state of Illinois will be in the spotlight with the largest deal of the week starting June 2, 2003 when it sells a $4 billion general obligation offering through Bear, Stearns & Co. on June 4-5,...
- Bear Stearns Paid Huge Fee to Consultant on Illinois' $10B Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p1
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. paid Springfield Consulting Group LLC 809,000 dollars for the firm's role in helping the underwriter win the top spot on Illinois' ten billion dollar taxable general obligation pension bond deal. Structure of the bonds.
- Bear Stearns Will Run the Books on S.C. Tobacco Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p3
Reports that South Carolina has chosen Bear Stearns & Co. to run the books on its 800 million dollar tobacco bond sale. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Bear Stearns Is Wisconsin Book-Runner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on the selection of the firm Bear, Stearns & Co. out of 25 other firms to structure and market out tobacco bonds early next year as of November 26, 2001. Basis of selection of the firm; Announcement of firms rounding out the underwriting syndicate; Possible inclusions in the transaction.
- Omaha Selects Bear Stearns To Run Its Biggest-Ever Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p1
Reports on the appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as co-senior manager of Omaha, Nebraska's convention center bond issue. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- Pension bonds will highlight Philadelphia's debt re-entry. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p1
Announces the re-entry of Philadelphia into the long-term debt market. Volume and value of taxable pension-obligation bonds that it plans to sell; Sale of new-money GO to be managed by lead underwriter Bear Stearns & Co.; Expectations by industry analysts on how bonds will be received by the...
- Banker: Participants Should Understand Tender-Option Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p5
According to Nat Singer, senior managing director at Bear, Stearns & Co., market participants should understand the intricacies of tender-option bond programs, even if they are not directly involved in them, because they are having an increasingly huge effect on trading and pricing in the...
- Scandal Prompts Chicago to Drop Bear Stearns From $500M GO Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, has removed Bear, Stearns and Co. from the underwriting team that was previously selected to sell up to $500 million new-money and refunding general obligation deal planned for August 2004. Effects of a scandal and a shakedown scheme allegedly...
- Sacramento Sanitation Provider To Sell $350M in Revenue Bonds. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p3
The article reports on the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District in California's financing of the expansion of its sewer system by offering $350 million in revenue bonds at a July 11, 2006 negotiated sale led by Bear Stearns and Co. According to chief financial officer of the sanitation...