Knowing when to fold 'em isn't just for poker players
- Amid Volatility, Some Experts Put Stress on Qualitative Research. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p6
The article reports on the views of some money market participants in the U.S. on qualitative analysis as model for credit research. Market participants say that in-depth qualitative analysis is more important than quantitative analysis rooted in statistical and mathematical models. Chief...
- Report Highlights Illinois Suburban Public Safety Pension Mess. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/22/2014, p2
The article discusses the funding shortfalls of police and fire department pension systems in suburban Cook County, Illinois. Topics discussed include the downgrading of several municipal credits by Moody's Investors Service, the deficit of Chicago's funds against required actuarial contribution...
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
The article announces several executive appointments at various investment management firms in the U.S., including David Thompson at Dwight Asset Management, Michael Ho at Bank of New York Mellon, and Robert Brown at Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System.
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;8/28/2009, p1
The article announces appointments in the investment management sector including Connie Lindsey at Northern Trust, Michael Glazer at Bingham McCutchen LLP and David Thompson at Hammond Associates Institutional Fund Consultants.
- As the world grows smaller, muni fund managers take a larger view. Karchmer, Jennifer; Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;01/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30555, p6
Presents the predictions of selected municipal fund managers in the United States on the future of the domestic bond markets in 1999. Smith Barney Asset Management Portfolio Manager Peter Coffey on the impact of exchange rates on the treasury market; BankBoston Funds Management Director David...
- Advisers must use self-serve models to fight D2C growth, say platforms. Glenister, Michael // Money Marketing;10/31/2013, p19
The article reports that Axa Wealth managing director David Thompson told delegates at the 2013 The Platforum conference that investment advisers should adopt models where clients can self-serve or risk losing them to direct platforms.
- Midwest Borrowing Picks Up Steam. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/23/2016, p22
The article reports on the increase in municipal bond issuance in Midwest U.S. as issuers did not take advantage of low interest rates to refund debt but held back on money borrowing, and presents views from Richard Ciccarone, president of Merritt Research Services LLC, on the region's bond supply.
- "Who Ya' Gonna Call? Boast-Busters?". // High Yield Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p4
Part IV. Discusses where credit-oriented fund managers can turn to for help in the massively-long macro credit trade market. Proprietary information advantage provided by hiring credit analysts; Business and investment impact of credit analysts to their fund management employers; Implications...
- Charging may force firms to hold a credit licence. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;11/8/2012, p1
The article warns advisers in Great Britain that under the Consumer Credit Act of 1974, they are required to hold a consumer credit license if they spread their adviser charge over more than four installments.