Iowa's high court gives go-ahead for city to offer telecom services
- RE-SINNER WINNER. // Syracuse New Times;4/10/2013, Issue 2174, p9
The article reports on the judgment of the Iowa Supreme Court which ruled that bosses can fire workers who they are seeing as an irresistible attraction even if the employees have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or made other advances.
- Court: Iowa must recognize both lesbian parents. // Philadelphia Gay News;5/10/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p19
The article presents information on the decision of Iowa Supreme Court asking the state health department to list the names of both spouses in a same-sex relationship on a child's birth certificate.
- IOWA: Supreme court rules in gay adoption case. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/24/2008, Issue 1048, p22
The article reports that the Iowa Supreme Court has ruled that lesbian Heather Schott's adoption of her partner's children was legal.
- Cable Wins ROW Ruling. // Multichannel News;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p38
Focuses on the ruling of the Iowa Supreme Court on placement of cable plant over a city street.
- IOWA: Same-sex marriage applications growing in Iowa. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/9/2009, Issue 1124, p20
The article reports on the increasing number of same-sex marriage application after it was being legalized by the Iowa Supreme Court in 2009.
- Fruit Machine Player Lucks Out. // Micro Mart;5/7/2015, Issue 1361, p35
The article discusses a court case wherein the Iowa Supreme Court ruled that a fruit machine player who hit the jackpot worth millions of dollars in a casino in 2011 would only be entitled to a payout of 1.85 U.S. dollars due to a computer glitch on the machine.
- Knowles v. Iowa: No ï¿½Search Incident to Citationï¿½ Exception. Gioia, Stephanie // American Journal of Criminal Law;Fall98, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p193
Discusses the developments in the case Knowles vs. Iowa. Facts of the case; Discussion of the Iowa state law on the circumstances of the traffic stop; Ruling of the Iowa Supreme Court on the case.
- State of Iowa vs. Lester Tobias Lasley. // Native American Law Digest;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the ruling of the Supreme Court of Iowa on the case "State of Iowa v. Lester Tobias Lasley." The Supreme Court reinstated a charge of selling cigarettes to an underage person against Lasley, who worked in Meskwaki Trading Post company. The court has used the Cabazon test...
- IOWA. // Property Tax Alert;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the decision released by the Iowa Supreme Court that the value given to a commercial property was valid because the taxpayers failed to present evidence of available comparable sales on appeal. The court has also ruled that the comparable sales approach cannot be used when...