N.J. survey: High property taxes at fault for failed school bonds
- Wichita could see referendum for first school issue since 1974. ALbanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p32
Focuses on a proposal made by parents in Wichita, Kansas to allow the city's school board to send a multimillion-dollar bond issue to voters in April 4, 2000. Impetus for the proposal; Implications of the proposal's approval for the Wichita Public Schools.
- District eyes refinancing bonds. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/13/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 41, pA1
The article presents information on the plans of the East Bernard School Board to refinance school bonds.
- $59.3 million bond package recommended to board. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/11/2013, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p3B
The article focuses on the recommendation issued by the Growth Impact Committee to the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) Board of Trustees in December 2013 to approve a 59.3 million dollar bond package.
- Bond package reduced, election to come. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/26/2014, Vol. 117 Issue 48, p3B
The article reports that the Board of Trustees of the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas has voted on February 24, 2014 to call for a bond election to address the revisions of the bond package from $59,271,500 to $59,091,500.
- Schools tap businesses to oversee bond funds. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on San Diego Unified School District board's appointment of an independent oversight committee to review how the bond funds will be spent. Plan to use the proceeds to repair schools; Agreement with a variety of local organizations.
- Arizona Board Plans 'Historic' $500 Million Deal for Schools. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p3
Reports the issuance of school campus improvement funds by the Arizona School Facilities Board. Cost estimates of public school improvement; Establishment of baseline standards for school facilities; Unconstitutionality of the state's capital outlay funding; Approval of the state sales tax...
- Orange County, Fla., School Board Selling $256 Million of Certificates. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Orange County, Florida School Board to price about $256 million of new and refunding certificates of participation (COP) for retail investors. SunTrust Capital Markets Inc. is the financial adviser for the sale and Citigroup if the senior managing...
- Record School Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p43
The article reports on the approval of a budget that would address rapid growth, including the issuance of 900 million dollars bond referendum by the Wake County School Board in Carolina. The proceeds would be used for the construction of school buildings as well as renovate the existing...
- School board mulls over bond package. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/9/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 28, p1A
The article reports on the special meeting conducted by the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District Superintendent Keith McBurnet and the board of trustees on July 7, 2014 in Texas in which they discussed the proposed $26.4 million bond package.