Proposed school deal may put an end to busing in Omaha
- Tripoli CSD, Iowa, Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34368, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it has lowered its long-term rating on Tripoli Community School District, Iowa's series 2012 general obligation school bonds one notch to A from A-plus.
- Forging a Bond. Starkman, Neal // T H E Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p50
This article highlights the role played by Round Rock Independent School District in the success of various education-related ballot initiatives in Texas. Voters in Round Rock's surrounding community of Austin passed school bonds in 1991, 1994, 1997, and 2000, and in November 2006 affirmed the...
- Hancock County CUSD 316, Ill., Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2014, Issue 34229, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating on Hancock County Community Unit School District No. 316 (Warsaw), Ill.'s existing general obligation (GO) debt to A from A-plus.
- S.F. School Measure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Reports that board members of the San Francisco Unified School District have been considering a school bond measure for the elections to be held in November 2003. Possible usage of the proceeds from the bonds; Criticism of the district for mismanagement of funds, including bond proceeds.
- Bondless in Harper: Texas District Happily Debt-Free for 50 Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p4
No abstract available.
- New Orleans Sale a Sign of Recovery. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p4
The article reports on the negotiated sale of 104.5 million U.S. dollars of general obligation refunding bonds by the Orleans Parish Parishwide School District which shows that New Orleans is recovering from the financial crisis in 2005.
- Pennsylvania court rejects schools' case. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p3
No abstract available.
- S.C. schools play catch-up. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p1
Reports on the plan of the Greenville County, South Carolina School District to issue debt as a away to accelerate its ten-year capital program. Provision of more bond proceeds without impinging upon the district's general obligation capacity; Plan's call for the creation of a stand-alone...
- San Autonio ISD Sets Its Biggest Issue for November Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p3
The article reports on the plan of the San Antonio Independent School District (ISD) to ask voters to approve its bond proposal worth 515 million dollars for the upgrade of its facilities and technology in San Antonio, Texas.