Detroit's ACLU challenges religious use of tax-exempts
- HAWAI'I LEGISLATORS KILL CIVIL UNIONS BILL. // Quest: Wisconsin's Gay News Leader;2/11/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the plan by the American Civil Liberties Union of Hawai'i Foundation (ACLU) to sue the legislators in Honolulu, Hawai'i.
- ACLU says school censored student's Milk report. Leff, Lisa // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/28/2009, Issue 1118, p13
The article reports that the American Civil Liberties Union has plans to take legal actions against San Diego County school in California which declined to let a student present report about gay rights leader Harvey Milk.
- Calif. teacher was victim of anti-Semitic slurs, A.C.L.U. suit says. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;3/29/95, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p10
No abstract available.
- Lawsuit Protests Lease to School. K. G. // Education Week;11/12/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union against San Diego Community College District. The union charges that the school's decision to lease campus land to the Mira Mesa Christian School would violate the constitutional separation of church and the state. In...
- Homelessness: The problem that won't go away. // Current Events;9/20/93, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) against Baltimore, Maryland regarding the city's policy on homeless people. Similar situations in other American cities.
- Give them the money. Kane, Gregory P. // Headway;Jun97, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p24
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit which charged that public housing in Baltimore perpetuated segregation. How the ACLU won the suit; Disturbing premise that ACLU settlement has as its basis; How the author trust poor black folks as liberal...
- local news. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;9/29/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p2
The article offers updates in Chicago including the Chicago City Council's mayoral elections, a recognition ceremony in Cook County, and the lawsuit of American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) against Illinois State Police.
- Prom canceled because of lesbians; ACLU sues. DAVIS, ANDREW // Windy City Times;3/17/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) against Mississippi's Itawamba County School District for canceling prom at Itawamba Agricultural High School in Fulton on April 2, 2010 due to lesbian issue.
- ACLU files suit to stop NY 'Net censorship. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) to stop the implementation of a New York statute limiting speech over the Internet. ACLU's contentions on the unconstitutionality of the law; ACLU's lawsuit against the federal Communications Decency Act in federal...