S.C. utility builds again
- Merchant plants may boost bond sales for muni utilities. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p4
Reports that the growth of electric power-plant construction may increase bond sales for municipal utilities in the United States. Santee Cooper's plan to build a natural gas plant for about $350 million; City of Klamath Falls, Oregon's sale of about $300 million in bonds to finance the...
- GENERATING BUZZ. // Power Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p120
The article presents news briefs on the power generation industry. A prediction that 15 to 20 nuclear plants will be constructed by 2015 is made by experts at the 2006 American Nuclear Society Annual Meeting in Reno, Nevada. Santee Cooper is planning to build a 600-megawatt coal-fired power...
- South Carolina utility unveils major investment plan. // Modern Power Systems;Sep93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the integrated plan of South Carolina's state-owned utility Santee Cooper. Expenditures aimed at keeping pace with load growth and meeting the Phase II requirements of the United States Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990; Construction of a coal-fired plant; Other details of the plan.
- South Carolina Commission issues deregulation recommendations. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;02/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30326, p48
Reports that South Carolina's Public Service Commission has released recommendations on how its electric utility should be restructured. Stranded-cost issues; Deregulation of the generation of electricity; Determination of the participation of out-of-state brokers.
- Causes of corruption revealed. // Supply Management;5/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses a report by the Public Service Commission (PSC) which reveals that several public sector buyers in South Africa have accepted kickbacks in exchange of rigging tenders.
- Trees, Turbines Are All Part of Utility's Initiatives. Quinn, Barbara // Pollution Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p25
Features the pollution prevention programs of the South Carolina Public Service Authority, or Santee Cooper. Pollution prevention initiatives incorporated in Santee Cooper's environmental management; Efforts of Santee Cooper to achieve carbon dioxide emissions reductions under the Climate...
- Regional water system offers solutions to water needs. // American City & County;Sep96, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p51
Features the South Carolina Public Service Authority which is the fourth largest public power utility in the United States. Entities served by the utility; Counties served by the lake Marion Regional Water System; Outstanding natural amenities of the region; Advantages of the regional water system.
- Santee Cooper: South Carolina Public Service Authority. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p24A
Features the South Carolina Public Service Authority. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Santee Cooper Plans $300M BAB Deal to Expand Nuclear Power. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p3
The article reports that the South Carolina Public Service Authority is expected to sell 300 million dollars of Build America Bonds (BABs) for the expansion of a nuclear power plant.