Plea to use savings on premises
- Please come here, 1000 residents beg doctors. Moulton, Donalee // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/16/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p1076
Focuses on the efforts to lure a particular husband-and-wife physician team to Parrsboro, Nova Scotia. Mention of the need for family physicians in small towns in Nova Scotia; Letter signed by 1000 of the 1600 residents to encourage the potential candidates to practice there; Description of the...
- Extended access could pay just £50 an hour. Nowottny, Steve // Pulse;11/28/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the £50 offered by Sheffield for general practitioners (GPs) to extend their opening hours in England. The proposed local enhanced in Sheffield has been rejected by GPs as the General Practice Committee (GPC) says to consider only the offer that could be converted into a...
- Shortage means bonuses for returning British GPs. Spooner, Mary Helen // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p1160
Reports that physicians returning to general practice work in Great Britain's National Health Service will be receiving bonuses. Factors which contribute to a decline in popularity of general practice; Description of salaries and bonuses of general practitioners in Great Britain.
- news in brief. // Pulse;2/12/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p4
Focuses developments affecting the general practitioners (GP) sector in Great Britain. Expectations of a pay boost for GP academics because of a deal between the government and the British Medical Association; Complaints of GP Dr. Chris Nunn of migraines caused by a mobile phone mast near her...
- Richard Stokell. // Pulse;2/12/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p41
Profiles general practitioner physician Dr. Richard Stokell on the practice that could consider offering the nurses financial incentives in Great Britain. Approaches of Stokell in handling the problem; Contention of Stokell additional administrative support from ancillary staff improves the...
- Tax-free savings under threat? Smith, Stuart // Pulse;3/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p86
Focuses on the long-term savings plans offered for general practitioners by life insurance companies and friendly societies in Great Britain. Tax benefits; Types of plans; Plan contributions.
- Initial fill rates for family practice residencies increase. // American Family Physician;05/01/96, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p1958
Presents statistical information on the increase in initial fill rates for family practice residencies, in the 1996 National Resident Matching Program in the United States. Reason for the increase; Prediction that students in family practice might practice as generalists.
- Diary from a Week in Practice. // American Family Physician;4/1/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p1313
Presents an article about a family physician's itinerary for a week.
- Diary from a Week in Practice. Soch, Kathy // American Family Physician;4/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p1709
Relates the experiences of a family physician from a week of practice in San Antonio, Texas in April 2003.