INVESTORS & INVESTING
- Massachusetts School Building Eyes $725M Refunding. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/9/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33793, p16
The article informs that the Massachusetts School Building Authority is planning to sell its 725 million U.S. dollars of sales tax refunding bonds.
- N.J.'s Borrowing Bonanza. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p1
Focuses on the bond and investment market in New Jersey in the week following January 21, 2003. Sale of refunding bonds by the Transportation Trust Fund Authority; Decrease in sales tax revenue; Issue of bonds for open-space preservation by the Garden State Preservation Trust Fund.
- L.A. MTA to Refund $392 Million of Revenue Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority will bring a variable-rate refunding deal into the market in California. Year covered by the refunding deal; Security of the revenue bonds from a permanent countrywide half-cent transportation sales tax; Interest rate...
- A Billion Here, a Billion There, Adds Up to a Busy Year So Far. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p1
Focuses on the trading activity of the bond market in the U.S. Refunding negotiation between Lehman Brothers and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Investor interest on the municipal bond market; Consideration of credit value, structure and pricing in transactions.
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach Turns to RFPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33174, p9
The article reports on Palm Beach County's new selection process for their finance committee members. The county will use request for proposal process to pre-qualify members in the hope that corruption scandals would be lessened and public trust would be gained again. It also notes that the...
- East Baton Rouge Parish to Refund $94.2M of Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p3
The article reports on the plan of East Baton Rouge Parish in Louisiana to refund $92.5 million of adjustable-rate bonds. The bonds were insured by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and need refunding because they could not be held by money market funds when the enhancement given by the bond...
- San Francisco's BART District to Refund $353 Million. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p4
Reports on the sale of refunding bonds by the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District in California. Savings from the transaction; Sales tax associated with the bonds; Finance for the construction of a train station in West Dublin and Pleasanton.
- Massachusetts School Building Authority Plans $1B Refunding. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The Massachusetts School Building Authority intends to sell $1 billion of senior sales tax refunding bonds over the next two weeks.
- Billion-Dollar Issues From California, Alabama County Lead Slate. // Bond Buyer;8/04/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31691, p6
Reports that two billion-dollar deals, one a refunding and the other new money will be finalised while a separate and significant utility issue from Puerto Rico will offer investors a chance to buy a triple-exempt credit with universal appeal. Brief information about deals; Deal to be priced by...