Employment Costs Rose 0.7% in 4Q
- Productivity Rises On Output in Q2, Capping Wage Growth. IBD STAFF // Investors Business Daily;8/ 8/2014, p00
Productivity shrugged off Q1's winter chill with a 2.5% annualized rise in Q2, following a 4.5% downwardly revised drop in Q1, the Labor Department said. It kept unit labor costs more subdued, after Q1's upwardly revised 11.8% spike.
- State's average salary increases. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p15A
Reports on the increase of the annual average wage in Indiana.
- Fed contractor minimum wage hits $10.10 on Jan. 1. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Nov2014, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the announced final rule by the U.S. Department of Labor that raises the workers minimum wage on federal services and construction contracts to $10.10 per hour which will be effective on or after January 1, 2015.
- Federal Contractor Minimum-Wage Hike Detailed. Smith, Allen // HR Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the implementation of Executive Order 13658 by the U.S. Department of Labor on October 1, 2014 to raise the minimum wage of federal and construction workers and mentions topics including contracts covered by the order, details of the increase, and limitations of the order.
- Fed contractor minimum wage hits $10.10 on Jan. 1. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on a final rule announced by the U.S. Department of Labor that increases the minimum wage of workers on federal service and construction contracts.
- ï»¿Worker Gaps Cost Firms More. Buckley, Bruce // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/6/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p18
Worker gaps boost salaries
- Minimum wage increase would get workers to spend more. MacInnes, Gordon // njbiz;12/10/2012, p13
The author comments on the proposed wage increase for New Jersey workers and its implication for the business sector.
- Maximum Divide on MInimum Wage. MEJEUR, JEANNE // State Legislatures;Mar2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses different views on increasing minimum wage in the U.S. Opponents of minimum wages believe that increased labor costs force businesses to cut staff which cost jobs. Other topics discussed include commonly used arguments supporting increases to the minimum wage, commonly...
- 4Q Employment Cost Index Rose 0.8%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p2
The article reports on the rise of employee compensation cost by 0.8 percent in the fourth quarter of 2005 according to the data released by the United States Labor Department. There was 1.1 percent increase of benefit costs for civilian workers. Wages and salaries for civilian workers increased...