Nevada Lawmakers Mull $278 Three-Year Bond Plan
- Some strategies just don't work. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Comments on the political decisions of Governor Kenny Guinn in Nevada. Need for tax increases; Promotion of government policy related to public spending; Public dialogue about state budget.
- Guinn flunks big picture test for future. // Las Vegas Business Press;03/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4
No abstract available.
- Guinn's fiscal summit opens way for new taxes. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's consideration of tax options as a way to help balance the state budget. Issues at Guinn's two-day fiscal summit in May 2000; Sales tax; Food tax; Higher insurance tax.
- Speedy session. // State Government News;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the completion of the 1999 session of Nevada lawmakers which was shorter than in 1997. Advantage of the limited length of session to taxpayers; Features of Assembly Bill 311 signed by Governor Kenny Guinn; Other bills passed.
- Listening for the substance amid the din of a mob. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Comments on the controversies regarding the proposed tax package of Kenny Guinn in Carson City, Nevada. Increase in budget deficit; Need to address the inadequate state revenue system; Incidence of business closings due to the rising costs of doing business.
- Mental health funding vital to Nevada economy. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;2/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
Comments on the legislative budget hearing on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's mental health funding recommendations in February 2003. Recommendation to expand eligibility for the Senior Rx program.
- Construction defect litigation bill signed into law. // Las Vegas Business Press;6/23/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p10
No abstract available.
- Panel gives Guinn a tax policy break. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
Comments on efforts to raise state taxes in Nevada to fund growth-related projects under the leadership of Governor Kenny Guinn. Guinn's selection of a panel to study tax initiatives; Senator Joe Neal's campaign to raise gaming taxes; Opposition to higher gaming taxes by University of Nevada's...
- Nevada Gov. Guinn Files Lawsuit Over Budget Battle. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p4
Informs that Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn has requested intervention of the state Supreme Court in the absence of a state budget for fiscal 2004-05. Reasons for filing a lawsuit by the Attorney General Brian Sandoval on behalf of the Governor; Hurdles in passage of the bill; Revelation that the...