First Southwest Lures Former Bear Stearns Banker Larry Kohn from Retirement
- Bear Stearns' Bob Jackman to Retire. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p1
The article reports on the retirement of Bob Jackman as the head of the tax-exempt bond trading desk at Bear Stearns & Co. He has served the company for 37.5 years. Jackman was the sixth person on the municipal desk when he was hired as an assistant trader in August 1968. The department grew to...
- Bear Stearns Banker Exits. Shields, Yvette; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the resignation of P. Nicholas Hurtgen, the manager of Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the federal whistleblower's lawsuit accusing Hurtgen of shaking down a hospital client in exchange for regulatory approval for a new facility; Career history of Hurtgen;...
- The optimist. Singer, Mark // New Yorker;04/26/99-05/03/99, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p140
Profiles the chairman of Wall Street investment firm Bear Stearns, Alan C. Greenberg. Biographical details; Career growth; Achievements; Conduct at work; Wall Street reputation; Relationship with colleagues; Recreational activities; Family life.
- Out takes. Cooper, Ron // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/23/98, Vol. 64 Issue 47, p4
Presents news updates concerning financial institutions and financial executives in the United States as of November 23, 1998. Includes the appointment of John Caruana as managing director at Volpe Brown Whelan & Co.; Bear Stearns & Co. and Nikko Group of Japan's plan to close several...
- Bear Stearns Adds Mezz Group. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;10/23/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the mezzanine capital group formed by Bear, Stearns & Co. using talents from First Union Corporation. Executives appointed for the group; Deals to be focused on by the mezzanine group.
- Bear Stearns Bags New M&A VP. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/27/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p5
Deals with the selection of David Grill as vice president of the mergers and acquisitions group at Bear Stearns company. Responsibilities of Grill for the company.
- Bear Taps Hooda for New E-Commerce Strategy Post. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p4
Reports on Bear Stearns & Co.'s hiring of Rajan Hooda as senior managing director and global head of e-commerce strategy and business development. Career history; Job responsibilities.
- Solomon moves to Bear Stearns. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p31
Reports on the appointment of Jerry Solomon as associate finance director at Bear Stearns & Co.
- Chairman's Exit Renews Talk of Bear Stearns Sale . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;6/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 123, p4
Reports on Alan C. Greenberg's resignation as chairman of Bear Stearns Cos. in June 2001. President and chief executive officer James E. Cayne's assumption of the additional role of chairman; Speculation that the company could be a candidate for acquisition; Highlights of Greenberg's career...