Tax-Free Yields Jump 12 Basis Points
- Money Market Funds Gain as Outflows Slow. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32980, p1
The article reports that outflows have continued to slow and more new cash has begun to find its way back to tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. The tax-exempt money market funds gained $4.90 billion during the week ending October 6, 2008 and settled at $484.74 billion. The recent positive...
- Tax-Exempt Assets Drop for 2d Week in a Row. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p7
The article reports on the decrease in tax exempt money market funds in the U.S. for the second straight week ending March 20, 2006, according to iMoneyNet Inc. It is suggested that the drop was caused by the outflow of 1.47 million dollars from institutional funds, while the retail funds took...
- Tax-Exempt Outflows Slow Markedly, Leaving Total Assets at $482.27 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/27/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33071, p7
The article reports on the declining status of the tax-exempt outflows which resulted to $482.27 billion of funds in total assets following the $151.1 million loss in the U.S. According to the article, the average yield for the 508 tax-free money funds in a week was increased to 0.38%, while the...
- Tax-Exempts See Outflows of $7.8 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p7
The article reports that the U.S. tax-exempt money market funds experienced outflows of $7.81 billion and slipped below the previous week's record high asset growth during the week ending August 25, 2008. These outflows caused the assets in 553 tax-exempt and municipal funds to dip to $520.56...
- Tax-Exempt Funds Shed $2.71 Billion as Investors Pay Their Taxes. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p7
Reports on the loss of tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. Outflow of cash due to the payment of quarterly taxes; Amount of tax-free assets; Increase in basis point of taxable fund yields.
- Cash flow into tax-exempts brings `obscene' yield levels, fund managers say. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p6
Reports on the performance of money market funds in the United States during the first week of February 1998. Cash flow into tax-exempt money funds; Decline in yields on daily notes; Weekly yields; Analysts' assessments of the market.
- Two Weeks of Positive Inflows Add $6 Billion to Tax-Exempt Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p6
Reports that tax-exempt money market funds in the United States turned in positive cash flow for the two weeks ending May 15, 2001. Vigilance of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in battling economic weakness by cutting short-term rates by half a point; Benefits for money market fund managers...
- Turmoil in Equities Led to Lighter Than Usual Tax-Day Outflows, Managers Say. Fine, Jacob; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p8
Reports on the decrease in outflows from tax-exempt money market funds due to the volatility in the United States equity market. Statistics on tax free money market fund assets; Movement of money from stock to money funds; Comments from portfolio managers.
- Tax-Exempt Money Funds Lose a Mere $252.5 Million in Latest Week. Albano, Christine // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/8/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p11
The article reports that 252.5 million U.S. dollars were pulled out by investors in the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. in the week ended April 4, 2011.