Munis Weaken a Bit With Treasuries, But Lack of New Deals Eases Pressure
- Positive Tone Persists for Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/10/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p12
The article reports on the resolution of the U.S.' municipal bond market by about three basis points in light trading activity for July 2009. It notes that the 3.31% opening yield on the benchmark 10-year note has been cited near the end of the session at 3.40%. It adds that the 4.19% opening...
- Munis Rise, Supported by Treasuries; Activity Slow as Buyers Bide Their Time. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p2
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond market finished a touch higher yesterday, supported by earlier gains in Treasuries, but activity was slow to pick up as some participants remained on the sidelines waiting for new issues to set price levels. Last week, the 10-year sector closely...
- Munis Slightly Weaker as Big Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33331, p2
The article focuses on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It argues that the market is running into a classical standoff between the buyers and the dealers. It also notes that bonds are subject to make-whole call at Treasuries plus 30 basis points. It adds that bonds mature...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p32
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 19, 2000 Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Futures market; Municipal bond index.
- Market Post: Miami-Dade Sells Bonds; DASNY Deal Ahead. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The municipal bond market welcomed the first of the week's new supply as Miami-Dade County, Fla., sold three separate general obligation bond deals totaling $398.745 million.
- Primary Stays Sleepy as Demand Increases. Smith, Kate; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;7/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34150, p1
The article reports that the U.S. primary security market will trade in balance after an issuance of six billion dollars with no competitive bills, as announced by the media firm Thomson Reuters' Thomson Municipal Market Monitor (TM3) as of July 2014. Topics discussed include announcement...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Aug. 16. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p2
Presents an update on the performance of the bond market in the United States on august 16, 2004. Empire Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Finish Easier as Treasuries Make Return to Positive Territory. Johnosn, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. for October 18,2 004. Performance of the municipal bond market; Tax-exempt bond performance.