Jobless Claims Climb 7,000 to 325,000
- Jobless Claims Grow 10,000 to 367,000. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p2
The article reports that first-time applications for state unemployment rose by 10,000 to 367,000 in the week ended January 8, 2005, according to data released by U.S. Labor Department. The applications figure was higher than the 350,000 claims predicted by IFR BondData America' poll of...
- Jobless Claims Fall 79,000 to 356,000. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32229, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment as of September 24, 2005 in the U.S. Total jobless claims predicted by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Indication of a seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate by 2.2 percent.
- CHANGES IN LABOR FORCE STATUS AMONG THE UNEMPLOYED. Barron, John M.; Mellow, Wesley // Journal of Human Resources;Summer81, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p427
The article reports on the changes in labor force status among the unemployed individual. To attain predictions as to factors that affect the labor force transition probabilities of an unemployed individual, the authors presented a search-theoretic framework. Empirical counterparts to these...
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Uruguay Country Monitor;Jan2012, p7
The article presents an outlook for labor markets in Uruguay from 2012-2014, highlighting on the problem concerning the continuous increase in unemployment rate which may ignite a potential social turmoil.
- Manpower chief predicts slump will continue through mid-2002. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;11/29/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p13
Focuses on the projections on the economic structure of the United States by Manpower executive vice president Terry Hueneke. Decline in the demand for workforce; Increase of the unemployment rates; Alleviation of the inventory in the technology sector.
- Gary. Coffin, Donald A. // Indiana Business Review;Winter2006, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p20
The article offers an economic outlook for the Gary area in Indiana. Employment in northwest Indiana grew at an average annual rate of 0.22 percent between 1995 and 2006. The unemployment rate in northwest Indiana has generally tracked the unemployment rate of the country quite closely and has...
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Egypt Country Monitor;Mar2012, p8
The article provides an outlook on the labor market of Egypt, with emphasis on its predicted unemployment rate of 12.0% in 2012.
- China Career Guide 2006: General Employment Trends. // China Career Guide;2006, p1
The potential job seeker will find information related to the current employment picture for China -- including employment forecasts, unemployment levels, and advice on which industries offer the best or worst job prospects.
- Jobless Claims Dip 1,000 to 313,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p2
The article reports on the data released by the U.S. Labor Department which indicated the decline of first-time applications for the state unemployment benefits from 1000 to 313,000 as of August 19, 2006. As predicted by the Insurance Financial Review Markets, the seasonally adjusted figure was...