Bloomberg Offers N.Y.C. $48B Budget
- Bloomberg Presents 'Prudent' Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p1
No abstract available.
- Plan Would Use N.Y.C. Surplus for Debt Service. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p1
The article announces the introduction of a $59 billion executive budget for fiscal 2008 by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on April 26, 2007. The budget calls for the utilization of a $4.39 billion surplus to prepay for some debt service. Bloomberg said that the strong commercial real...
- Bloomberg Criticizes Spitzer's Budget, Asks Legislature for More Bonding. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32562, p32
The article reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg had asked the state legislature to increase the city's bonding capacity and criticized New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's proposed budget. Mayor Bloomberg attested that increasing the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's...
- Bloomberg knocked off balance. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;11/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p1
The article focuses on the problems being faced by New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg due to the ongoing financial crises in the U.S. It states that since the beginning of his third term, Bloomberg is facing problems with several city employers announcing layoffs and falling tax revenues....
- New York MTA Finally to Open 7 Line Extension. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority on Sunday expects to open its long-delayed 1.5-mile extension of the No. 7 subway line, a $2.4 billion, city-backed project.
- New York Mayor Bloomberg joins 'Fix the Debt' campaign. Needham, Vicki // Hill;12/13/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 140, p15
The article reports on the participation of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg in the Campaign to Fix the Debt on Wednesdays as its third national co-chairman, which according to him, the federal deficit poses a threat to the U.S. economy.
- Mayor Mike, Inc. Bai, Matt // Newsweek;4/22/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p39
Focuses on New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg. His approach to his job; Idea that his business model is about to be tested, including his efforts to deal with the city's fiscal crisis based on a $5 billion budget gap; Outlook for his ability to impact the city budget and remain popular.
- Chinese local authority debt: The makings of a crisis? Vendryes, Thomas // China Perspectives;2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 3, p84
The article reports on the local authority debt of China. It mentions that the local authority debt are on the political agenda of the Chinese central authorities. Further it mentions the Chinese government has been focusing on a policy of recentralising its tax revenues and the country is also...
- N.Y.C. Finance Official Quits. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p9
No abstract available.