The Real Deal
- Planning the perfect menu. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
The article gives advice on planning the menu for a conference and other big events. The author gives advice on what food is ideal for conference attendees. Menu that ensures that attendees will be alert throughout the day is also discussed. The article also provides tips on how to plan for...
- Catering, trends highlight SFM's anniversary. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p14
Provides information on the 25th Anniversary Annual Conference of the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) in the U.S. in 2004. Educational sessions on food service operations held at the conference; Mission of the SFM Women's Council; Special SFM events planned for 2005.
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p21
Presents a calendar of events related to developments involving trade and professional organizations in food industry in the U.S. from April to June 2004.
- infuse Catering. Dhawan, Seema // Business in Calgary;Feb2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p88
The article discusses how companies can take advantage of ordering locally-sourced food to make corporate events stand out.
- Jill's Swill. Ditmire, Jill A. // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);Feb2012, p42
A list of what is being celebrated in February 2012 is presented including the Black History Month at Fairvalley Winery, South Africa, the American Heart Month in Colby Red, California and the Parent Leadership Month in Groom Shiraz, Australia.
- Black History Month. // Principal Leadership;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
The article provides information on Black History Month in February 2011.
- Celebrating Without Accomplishing. Herr, Stephen R. // Education Week;3/27/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p30
The author reflects on the celebratory rewards that educators sometimes offer students despite students' lack of accomplishment, whether athletic or academic, focusing on the plethora of celebrations in education such as Black History Month and Women's History Month.
- 19th annual River View Towers read-in chain. // New York Amsterdam News;2/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p8
A photograph of the readers at the 19th annual read-in chain, a Black History Month celebration held at the River View Towers Community Room on February 12, 2012, is presented.
- Customer Satisfaction. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p48
The article focuses on the role of customers in the success of promotion events by food operators. Involving customers in promotions can help ease the financial burden. According to Dave Furhman, director of dining programs at Johns Hopkins University, the best foodservice promotions and...