Healthy, Well-thy...and why?
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- Making it Authentic, Making it Ethnic. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the concept of introducing ethnic menus from medical centers in the U.S. The author cites the menus offered by these foodservers including the Garfield Medical Center, Stony Brook University Hospital, and at Loudoun County foodservice. Menus range from Chinese dishes to...
- Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the food service available at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Now, more than ever, variety in food service is not simply about adding a couple of Americanized ethnic dishes to the cycle menu of entrees served in a cafeteria's steam wells. Variety branches...
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- Making a healthy difference to menus: evaluation of a catering program in New Zealand. Young, L.; Bidois, A.; Mackay, S. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2004 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS40
Objective - To determine the effect of the Heartbeat Catering Program (HCP) on the provision of healthy menu items by measuring perceptions of caterers and dietitians involved in the program. Design - A multi methods approach was used involving a postal questionnaire and telephone interviews...
- 'Cool and Crazy.'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on a servery called Ro*Tiki at the Vanderbilt University. Background on the establishment of the servery; Dishes served; Difference of its ordering system from other on-line food ordering systems.
- Customer-ized Deli. S. H. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p50
The article deals with the customized menu items offered by the deli stations at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine. It mentions that the staff at the Moulton Union Dining Hall listened to the requests and comments of students and started naming delis for students based on interactions,...
- Contemplating a Program. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p50
The article focuses on a dormitory room food delivery service being planned by Campus Dining Services at Bentley College in Waltham, Massachusetts. General manager Jamie Cornacchia says that he would like to offer such service but issues like high labor costs and keeping the food hot hinder him....
- Columbia Rebrands Coffee Concept. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Columbia University has rebranded its Blue Java cafÃ©s to better reflect the fair trade- and organic-certified coffee it is now serving. The logo is featured on menu boards, travel mugs, cup sleeves and, of course, entrances to the two cafes. There are also two Blue...