Finding Wealth in Health
- College Munchie Mania. // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p69
Presents the snack foods offered by colleges and universities in the United States. Offer of flavored bagel chips as free bar snacks at Connecticut College; Flavors of the chicken fingers served by Holy Cross College; Availability of a wide variety of pizza at the North Dakota State University.
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- IN CHILLED AND FROZEN VERSIONS: PIZZA POPULARITY. Silver, Sheldon // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p132
Reports on pizzas in dining facilities in some universities in the United States which are offered in vending machines. Pizza at the University of California in Los Angeles; Offering at pizza station at the University of Concordia University in Portland, Oregon; Difference of selling pizza from...
- CAMPUS SNACK BAR: BITS AND BYTES PICKS UP. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Provides information on the Bits and Bytes snack bar at the Evansdale campus of the West Virginia University. Average check in the operation; Items offered at the snack bar; Plans of the snack bar for the branding of its products.
- From Kunming to Ithaca. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p43
The author relates how his experience on a trip to China inspired him to apply the concept of Asian cuisine to food service at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. He stayed with a Muslim family in Kunming. Lou mian qung, a Chinese-Muslim noodle dish, is one of the popular street food or...
- Vendor Surrounded and Outgunned. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
The article reports on the challenges faced by Joseph Benedict, executive director, auxiliary services for Brooklyn College in Brooklyn, New York, in providing food service to the students. Benedict said that they have three or four machines that dispense cold sandwiches egg salad, tuna fish,...
- Hummus is Hummin'. // FoodService Director;3/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p36
The article focuses on hummus as a regular item on many deli salad bars at U.S. schools. Senior executive chef Peter Testory of Colorado State University in Fort Collins states the many use of hummus on children's snacks. Executive chef Eli Huff discusses the use of hummus on salads. Moreover,...
- An Evolving Change of Plans. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p38
The article focuses on meal plans in college and university dining programs. Today's college meal plans are often contradictions in dysfunctional kinship with that anachronism, ever seeking to live up to its ideal of operational simplicity, fiscal predictability and communal indispensability....
- AT ZION NATL. PARK: Snack bar welcomes guests. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p32
Reports on the snack bar at Zion National Park in Springdale, Utah which was renamed the Castle Dome Cafe. Number of visitors per day that the cafe serves; Menu options.