U-Mass pumps up pizza sales
- Best Renovation: The Blue Wall. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on a renovation of the Blue Hall dining facility located at the Lincoln D. Murray Campus Center, University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- BOOSTING SALES, CHECK AVERAGES: College foodcourts add Tyson's Sunset Strips. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the two United States universities that opened Tyson's Sunset Strips food service units in cash operations. University of Massachusetts in Amherst; University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
- The Breakfast Pizza. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on a breakfast pizza program launched by Ken Toong, executive director of dining services at University of Massachusetts at Amherst. There are three varieties of the thin-crusted product, two savory and one sweet, offered in smaller bites than is typical for pizza....
- Students flock to Berkshire. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the reopening of the Berkshire Dining Commons at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Since the 800-seat dining commons reopened after a $13-million renovation, as many as 6,600 students have been flocking to the reimaged servery. In 25,000 square feet, the dining...
- Third-party Certification Improves Healthy Option Consumption at U Mass. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the aid of third-party certification in improving the healthy option consumption at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, wherein the university has partnered with Sanitas Per Escam (SPE) Certified.
- Extended Family. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p78
The article deals with Famous Famiglia, which operates several pizza restaurants. The company is based in White Plains, New York. Its operations have expanded to franchised locations in airports, casinos, military bases, shopping centers, sports stadiums and theme parks in the U.S. and overseas....
- Full-Flavored Program. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p26
The article features University of Massachusetts, Amherst food service director Ken Toong. It offers information on how he has turned the UMass Dining program into one of the largest revenue-producing campus dining operations in the country. He had used a variety of methods to grow his program...
- THE BIG SCHOOL THAT COULD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p58
The article explores the comprehensive campus food service programs offered by the University of Massachusetts Department of Dining Services in Amherst, Massachusetts. The popularity of the food service offered by the school department lies in its meal plan which is based on the number of...
- Site seeing. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the addition of dim sum to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst's all-you-can-eat dining program. Dishes included in the food items; Comments from Dining Services director Ken Toong.