An in-class act
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the changes at Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania since Greg Hummel become food service director. Branded items that were brought in; A la carte sales in high schools; Gain from an exclusive soda contract with Coca-Cola.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- Maximizing Capacity. // Food Management;Jan2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p12
This article presents information on the Kent School District which is using its central production kitchen to produce sandwiches for a private company. The extra income will allow Kent schools to refrain from raising school lunch prices. The district had previously been contemplating a 15-cent...
- Spicing Up Lunch: Original Recipes Offered in Contest. // Education Week;3/7/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that the Jefferson County School District has designed the First Annual Jefferson Country Foodservice Bake-a-thon which was held in February 1984 in Louisville, Kentucky. The contest was being participated by several food service employees who prepare food for students' daily...
- Healthier on all fronts. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p96
Covers the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in introducing healthy foods to students. How Patty Smith, school lunch manager at Oswego City School District, New York, prepares meals; Menu served by Peggy Lee, senior director of child...
- IN GLENDORA, CA, SCHOOL DIST.: 'Spirit of Service' builds on customer recognition. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p30
Highlights the success of the customer service staff development program implemented by Glendora Unified School District in California among school food sercice employees. Goal of the program; Comments from Patricia Cunningham, Glendora's director of food service; Impetus for implementing the...
- The Multi-Tasker. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p32
The article profiles Jamal Hazzan, director of food services at the Klein Independent School District in Klein, Texas. Prior to his position at Klein, Hazzan was equipment and safety director at the nearby Alpine Independent School District, a role that made him an expert on technology issues....
- 30 CALIF. DISTRICTS: CO-OP EYEING COMMODITIES. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p22
Provides information on the activities of the Diversion of Commodities To Our Reward cooperative (co-op) in California. Services offered to school districts and foodservice directors; How the co-op works; Product line of the co-op.