Seniors embrace display cooking
- Double Scoop. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the establishment of the Fountain Hill CafÃ©, a 1940's-inspired cafÃ©, complete with ice cream fountain at the Charlestown Retirement Community in Catonsville, Maryland. Erickson Retirement Communities has transformed an existing country store into the 744-square-foot...
- Menuing Meatless. // FoodService Director;11/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p8
The article announces meat-free options offered every Tuesdays and Thursdays by Windows Restaurant at Oak Crest retirement community in Baltimore, Maryland.
- EAT OUT WITHOUT GUILT. // Consumer Reports;Jul2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p21
Presents the findings of a study that examined the chicken, beef and fish entrÃ©es offered in chain restaurants. Nutritional content of the entrÃ©es; Details on the meals at the Cheesecake Factory and Claim Jumper restaurants; Factors to consider by consumers regarding the nutritional...
- U.S continues to beef up on Churrascaria restaurants. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;8/25/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p64
Reports on the expansion of Brazilian-style steakhouses in the U.S. Public attention on the trend in all-you-can-eat buffet churrascarias; Appeal of churrascarias to customers on a variety of levels; Advantages of churrascarias.
- Friendship Village retirement center enters second phase of renovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the construction of several food service facilities at the Friendship Village, a retirement community in Schaumburg, Illinois. Management of the facilities by Aramark Corp.; Renovation of the existing Bridgegate Bistro restaurant; Efforts of presenting more food options to residents.
- High on Hog. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p69
Deals with the popularity of pork dishes or recipes in the food service sector across the U.S. Comments from Mary Pribich, director of food and nutrition services at Doctors Hospital; Favorite pork dishes at Rest Haven, a retirement home and senior community resident; Information on the...
- RISING TO THE CHALLENGE. Yeager, David // Today's Dietitian;Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p24
The article profiles Justin Johnson, executive chef at the independent-living retirement community Harwood Place in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. It mentions that Johnson had transformed the foodservice operation of the institution, from cafeteria-style facility to a fine dining restaurant. It states...
- Restaurants fill for Thanksgiving. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p43
The article presents information on the preparations of two restaurants McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant and NoMi for the Thanksgiving Day. McCormick & Schmick's, located on Chestnut Street in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, will accommodate more than 1,100 people. A 90$ buffet will be served...
- SOUL TO SOUL. Spaeder, Karen E. // Entrepreneur;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p20
Looks at the trend in soul-food business in the United States. Popularity of eating soul food; Rise in customers; Success of soul food restaurants.